Topics

DXViewer wrong times

Tony Dixon G4CJC

I'm showing 1 hour less than it should for all stations in DXViewer. Must be a switch some where, I can't find. We are on BST as of now 1hour in front of UTC.
73
Tony G4CJC

I'm showing 1 hour less than it should for all stations in DXViewer. Must be a switch some where, I can't find. We are on BST as of now 1hour in front of UTC.

+ If you're referring to the local time that DXView displays for a callsign, that's approximate. DXView is unaware of daylight savings time rules.

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Then it's wrong. And as such should not indicate that it is showing local time. It's not approximate it's incorrect almost everywhere in the world except China and a few other places.
73 G4CJC

Then it's wrong. And as such should not indicate that it is showing local time. It's not approximate it's incorrect almost everywhere in the world except China and a few other places.

+ The point of displaying local time is to provide DXers with an indication of whether residents of an area are likely to be asleep, at work, or at home. Being off by 1 hour due to daylight savings time variability does not significantly impede this.

+ If you don't find it helpful, ignore it.

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Dave,
It's not helpful, its wrong and per se un-helpful. It can be more or less than one hour out. It's your work and as such for you to do as you see fit.
73
Tony G4CJC