Topics

DXView trying to talk to DX Atlas

g4wjs

Hi Dave and all,

since a few days ago, when I start DXView I get a Dxatlas Automation error message box and another saying the DX Atlas trial period has expired. This is odd as I don't have DX Atlas integration turned on in DXView and have not had that for a couple of Years or so. If I dismiss the errors DXView starts normally with its own World Map window that I have used for Years.

Bill

G4WJS.

g4wjs

On 25/06/2020 15:08, g4wjs wrote:
Hi Dave and all,

since a few days ago, when I start DXView I get a Dxatlas Automation error message box and another saying the DX Atlas trial period has expired. This is odd as I don't have DX Atlas integration turned on in DXView and have not had that for a couple of Years or so. If I dismiss the errors DXView starts normally with its own World Map window that I have used for Years.
Hi again Dave and all,

uninstalling the expired DX Atlas application resolves this issue, although I'm not sure that should be necescary.

Bill

G4WJS.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 7:29 AM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 25/06/2020 15:08, g4wjs wrote:
Hi Dave and all,

since a few days ago, when I start DXView I get a Dxatlas Automation
error message box and another saying the DX Atlas trial period has
expired. This is odd as I don't have DX Atlas integration turned on in
DXView and have not had that for a couple of Years or so. If I dismiss
the errors DXView starts normally with its own World Map window that I
have used for Years.
Hi again Dave and all,

uninstalling the expired DX Atlas application resolves this issue,
although I'm not sure that should be necescary.
Explained here:

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/41192

73,

~iain / N6ML

since a few days ago, when I start DXView I get a Dxatlas Automation
error message box and another saying the DX Atlas trial period has
expired. This is odd as I don't have DX Atlas integration turned on in
DXView and have not had that for a couple of Years or so. If I dismiss
the errors DXView starts normally with its own World Map window that I
have used for Years.
uninstalling the expired DX Atlas application resolves this issue, although I'm not sure that should be necescary.

+ That's an unfortunate side effect of the interoperation mechanism employed by DX Atlas. Alex VE3NEA, the author of DX Atlas, acknowledges this behavior, but declines to change it.

g4wjs

On 25/06/2020 17:07, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

since a few days ago, when I start DXView I get a Dxatlas Automation
error message box and another saying the DX Atlas trial period has
expired. This is odd as I don't have DX Atlas integration turned on in
DXView and have not had that for a couple of Years or so. If I dismiss
the errors DXView starts normally with its own World Map window that I
have used for Years.
uninstalling the expired DX Atlas application resolves this issue, although I'm not sure that should be necescary.

+ That's an unfortunate side effect of the interoperation mechanism employed by DX Atlas. Alex VE3NEA, the author of DX Atlas, acknowledges this behavior, but declines to change it.

Hi Dave and Iain,

thanks for that. I must have re-installed DX Atlas an expiration period ago. I don't recall that, hi hi.

Bill

G4WJS.