DXView questions

David Reed

I have a few questions about DXView:

Where does it get the latitude / longitude and grid square information from?

I note that I have moved, and it now has the wrong information for me even though I have updated my license with the FCC and in my QTH in DXKeeper...

How do I get it updated on DXView?

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

I have a few questions about DXView:

Where does it get the latitude / longitude and grid square information from?
+ Depending upon how you have DXView and other DXLab applications configured, the possible sources are spot notes, previous QSOs, the USAP database (grid squares derived from the centroid of the zip code a US station has filed with the FCC), the DXCC database, and whatever callbook you have configured in DXKeeper.

I note that I have moved, and it now has the wrong information for me even though I have updated my license with the FCC and in my QTH in DXKeeper...

+ Changes made to the FCC database will be propagated to next release of the USAP database; this database is typically updated quarterly.

+ Don't forget to update your QTH details in the QTH panel on the General tab of DXView's Configuration window.

David Reed

Thanks Dave, all is well again thanks to your advice!

73 de Dave, W5SV

+ AA6YQ comments below