Topics

DXView plot SpotCollector filtered view?

Jon KM8V

It is possible I just can't find it, but is there any way to set DXView (with DX Atlas) to plot spots currently visible in the SpotCollector filtered view?

73 de KM8V Jon

It is possible I just can't find it, but is there any way to set DXView (with DX Atlas) to plot spots currently visible in the SpotCollector filtered view?

+ DXView provides an independent view of the contents of SpotCollector's Spot Database, controlled by the "Band Filter", "Mode Filter", "Continent Filter", and "Origin Filter" panels on the "Plot Settings" tab of DXView's Configuration window. There is not currently an option to ignore these panel settings and display whatever SpotCollector's "Spot Database Display" contains.

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,

Happy New Year !

I have often wished for such an option. Is there any plan to ever add one ?

Thanks,
Russ KR6W

On Jan 9, 2021, at 4:18 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

It is possible I just can't find it, but is there any way to set DXView (with DX Atlas) to plot spots currently visible in the SpotCollector filtered view?

+ DXView provides an independent view of the contents of SpotCollector's Spot Database, controlled by the "Band Filter", "Mode Filter", "Continent Filter", and "Origin Filter" panels on the "Plot Settings" tab of DXView's Configuration window. There is not currently an option to ignore these panel settings and display whatever SpotCollector's "Spot Database Display" contains.

I have often wished for such an option. Is there any plan to ever add one ?

+ It's Enhancement #49 in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/enhancements.htm

+ Today's two requests are the first I recall in many years.

+ Implementing it would require replacing DXView's in-memory table of active stations (populated with information received from
SpotCollector) with a view of the Spot Database. Not rocket science, but a significant development effort.