New computer. Everything works thanks to saved Workspace but the DXView Country button is greyed out.

What am I missing?

Doesn't matter which entity or worked call sign I select.

Thanks

jim ab3cv

Joe Subich, W4TV

Did you load the Country Maps
<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/CountryMaps.exe>

On 2021-05-02 9:23 AM, Jim Miller, AB3CV wrote:
New computer. Everything works thanks to saved Workspace but the DXView Country button is greyed out.
What am I missing?
Doesn't matter which entity or worked call sign I select.
Thanks
jim ab3cv

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Didn't before.

All good now.

Thanks!

jim ab3cv

Norm - KC1BMD

Edited

Same problem after downloading the maps from the link below (Country button greyed out).

C:\DXLab\DXView\Maps folder exists with maps (266 files)
However, there are no other files in the \DXView folder.
I see under C:\DXLab folder:
    - \Maps folder (about 9 files with different maps such as Continents6.bmp, CQZones.bmp, etc).
    - \Install folder (4 files, DXView.cab, OriginalSetup.1st, setup.exe and setup.1st) - shouldn't there be an \Install folder in the \DXView foider?
    - individual files: DXView.exe, DXView268.exe and DXView479.exe.
I am guessing something happened with the DXView installation (which I installed from the Launcher a while back but have not used DXView).
DXView launches and appears to run and if I type in a call sign, the detail is pulled up.

Any suggestions how to correct this?

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Norm - KC1BMD

Edited

I should have noticed that the Launcher configuration screen shows the DXView install path as: C:\DXLab\DXView.exe
I am not sure how that happened but cannot rule out user-error.
So how do I correct the install path? What about registry settings? Should I use the "Sel" button to select the correct path? Should I uninstall DXView in Control Panel and then reinstall to the correct path?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

I should have noticed that the Launcher configuration screen shows the DXView install path as: C:\DXLab\DXView.exe I am not sure how that happened but cannot rule out user-error.
So how do I correct the install path? What about registry settings? Should I use the "Sel" button to select the correct path? Should I uninstall DXView in Control Panel and then reinstall to the correct path?

+ By default, the Launcher installs DXView in the folder

C:\DXLab\DXView

+ If the Launcher installed DXView in the folder

C:\DXLab

+ then you must have directed it to do so.

+ The Launcher will not permit you to install multiple DXLab applications into the same folder, but it won't stop you from installed one DXLab application in the folder

C:\DXLab

+ To correct this,

1. terminate all DXLab applications

2. direct Windows to uninstall the DXView

3. start the Launcher

4. on the "DXLab Apps" tab of the Launcher's Configuration window, change the "Program Path" for the Launcher to

C:\DXLab\DXView\DXView.exe

5. direct the Launcher to install DXView

DXView should now be able to access your Country maps.

Norm - KC1BMD

Thanks for confirming. All is right with the universe now. Thanks!
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

JENNIFER MCNERLIN

Hi Dave,

The country button is greyed out and I checked the path for DXView in the Launcher

I need some advice as to the best approach to recover the country button.
John Gi4EBS 73.

On 04/05/2021 21:22, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Did you confirm that folder C:\DXLab\DXView\Maps exists and that the map files are installed?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

JENNIFER MCNERLIN

Thank you Norm.

The map folder has only continents inside this folder I wondered where the countries were.

                              Copied below are the DXView Databases. I hope the screen shots help?

On 06/05/2021 13:07, Norm - KC1BMD wrote:
Did you confirm that folder C:\DXLab\DXView\Maps exists and that the map files are installed?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

JENNIFER MCNERLIN

Hi Norm

There are no country maps inside DXView/Maps folder, only eight Continents maps for time zones, CQ, ITU regions etc.

Hope this helps.

On 06/05/2021 13:38, John mcnerlin wrote:

hank you Norm.

The map folder has only continents inside this folder I wondered where the countries were.

                              Copied below are the DXView Databases. I hope the screen shots help?

On 06/05/2021 13:07, Norm - KC1BMD wrote:
Did you confirm that folder C:\DXLab\DXView\Maps exists and that the map files are installed?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Norm - KC1BMD

Edited

Screenshots don't work here. Further down in this thread, Joe/W4TV posted the following:
Did you load the Country Maps

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/CountryMaps.exe>

You said: "There are no country maps inside DXView/Maps folder, only eight Continents maps for time zones, CQ, ITU regions etc."
If you have a DXView\Maps folder, but not DXLab\DXView\Maps folder, then it would seem you have a DXView install path issue.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-05-06 8:49 AM, JENNIFER MCNERLIN via groups.io wrote:

There are no country maps inside DXView/Maps folder, only eight
Continents maps for time zones, CQ, ITU regions etc.
You need to download and install the maps here:

On 2021-05-06 8:49 AM, JENNIFER MCNERLIN via groups.io wrote:
Hi Norm
There are no country maps inside DXView/Maps folder, only eight Continents maps for time zones, CQ, ITU regions etc.

JENNIFER MCNERLIN

Hi Joe,

            Thank you for the information, worked first time for me. Now I have my countries map back again.

Best wishes and Stay Safe.

John (GI4EBS) 73.

On 2021-05-06 8:49 AM, JENNIFER MCNERLIN via groups.io wrote:
Hi Norm

There are no country maps inside DXView/Maps folder, only eight Continents maps for time zones, CQ, ITU regions etc.