DXView Conformation

Stewart Lewis

I was on 10m FT8 and worked a VP2 station.  He used LoTW.  I did not have either Digi or FT8 confirmed in DXView.  Later I did the "Sync LoTW QSLs".  The DXKeeper report said 2 QSLs processed and "NO new confirmations of anything needed and previously unconfirmed".   When I checked in DXKeeper, I found the VP2 station was now confirmed in the Digi and FT8!

Why didn't the report from LoTW show a new band/mode confirmation??

I was on 10m FT8 and worked a VP2 station. He used LoTW. I did not have either Digi or FT8 confirmed in DXView. Later I did the "Sync LoTW QSLs". The DXKeeper report said 2 QSLs processed and "NO new confirmations of anything needed and previously unconfirmed". When I checked in DXKeeper, I found the VP2 station was now confirmed in the Digi and FT8!

Why didn't the report from LoTW show a new band/mode confirmation??

+ Do you have DXKeeper configured to pursue confirmations with all DXCC entities in a Digital mode or in FT8?

+ What boxes are checked in the "DXCC Bands & Modes" panel on DXKeeper's Configuration window's Awards tab?

Stewart Lewis

I have had Digi confirmations for other new Digi contacts, but never for FT8 only.

The boxes for 160 through 10 are checked.  So are Phone, CW, Digi.  FT8 is in the selection box.  FT8 is also checked.

Dave AA6YQ

I have had Digi confirmations for other new Digi contacts, but never for FT8 only.

The boxes for 160 through 10 are checked. So are Phone, CW, Digi. FT8 is in the selection box. FT8 is also checked.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Thanks for sending me your log, Stewart. It shows that you already have VP2-E confirmed on 10m, and in FT8. Thus your confirmed QSO on 10m FT8 did not provide a new confirmation of anything needed for DXCC.

There are no DXCC awards driven by entity-band-mode combinations.