Topics

DXView and rotator

Fabrizio Villanova

Hi all but Dave especially,

with DXview i can control my rotator using my home made interface and programmend an arduino board (home made software also) to emulate YAESU control box.

As it has the funtion to be asked for the real current position, is possible to have dxview send the opportune command and display the result? (not the requested positionas now)

Another possible integration of DXView is the ability to send additional, non standard, command to the rotator controller using "user defined string" in variuos situation as: program start, program shutdown, before and after requesting a new position or pressing a button as in others program in the suite: ex: spotcollector has buttons for user pre-defined query.

This because i have implemented and i can implement in my software others funtions (as power on/off of the control box) with other arbitrary command string.

Thanks to all for opinion or suggestion.

Fabrizio IK6GTF

Hi all but Dave especially,

with DXview i can control my rotator using my home made interface and programmend an arduino board (home made software also) to
emulate YAESU control box.

As it has the funtion to be asked for the real current position, is possible to have dxview send the opportune command and display
the result? (not the requested positionas now)

+ DXView doesn't display the current position of any rotator; it assumes that your rotator controller does that. If you need this
capability, DXView can interoperate with "N1MM Rotor", which displays your rotator's current position.

Another possible integration of DXView is the ability to send additional, non standard, command to the rotator controller using
"user defined string" in variuos situation as: program start, program shutdown, before and after requesting a new position or
pressing a button as in others program in the suite: ex: spotcollector has buttons for user pre-defined query.

+ It's likely that only a handful of DXLab users would benefit from the ability to define and send custom rotator commands.

Jim N7US

I now use PstRotatorAz and its SteppIR controller. It's extremely
configurable and is very reasonably priced.

https://www.qsl.net/yo3dmu/index_Page346.htm

Jim N7US

[...]

Fabrizio

Il 16/06/2019 17:08, Dave AA6YQ ha scritto:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Hi all but Dave especially,

with DXview i can control my rotator using my home made interface and programmend an arduino board (home made software also) to
emulate YAESU control box.

As it has the funtion to be asked for the real current position, is possible to have dxview send the opportune command and display
the result? (not the requested positionas now)

+ DXView doesn't display the current position of any rotator; it assumes that your rotator controller does that. If you need this
capability, DXView can interoperate with "N1MM Rotor", which displays your rotator's current position.

But this capabilities is very usefull: i operate my rig in FT8 via remote desktop (another desk in my room) and i can't see the rotator display....

73 Fabrizio

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 06:46 AM, Fabrizio wrote:

Il 16/06/2019 17:08, Dave AA6YQ ha scritto:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Hi all but Dave especially,

with DXview i can control my rotator using my home made interface and programmend an arduino board (home made software also) to
emulate YAESU control box.

As it has the funtion to be asked for the real current position, is possible to have dxview send the opportune command and display
the result? (not the requested positionas now)

+ DXView doesn't display the current position of any rotator; it assumes that your rotator controller does that. If you need this
capability, DXView can interoperate with "N1MM Rotor", which displays your rotator's current position.

But this capabilities is very usefull: i operate my rig in FT8 via remote desktop (another desk in my room) and i can't see the rotator display....

* Then you should use the "N1MM Rotor" application, as noted above.

* See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/N1MMRotor>