Topics

DXView 4.5.9 is available

Dave AA6YQ

This release

- removes plotted callsigns from the DX Atlas map when the Main windows Clear function is invoked (tnx to Christian OE60200755)

- prevents generation of an errorlog.txt file entry by module StatusString.UpdateGrid (tnx to Bill K5FUV)

- removes the "determine the DXCC entity from the 5th character in a 6-character VK9 callsign" rule (tnx to Björn SM7IUN)

- changes the entity name for Z3 to "North Macedonia" in the DXCC.txt file referenced by WinWarbler (tnx to Joe W4TV)

- updates the Configuration.htm and Operation.htm documentation files

Notes:

1. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of DXView to be "safe"

2. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

3. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of DXView, see <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

DXView 4.5.9 is available via the DXLab Launcher or via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm>

Tim N3XX

The upgrade to DXView 4.5.9 fails for me with this error message:

extraction error: error: cannot delete old C:\DXLab\DXView/Unzip32.dll
;Upgrade aborted

The forward slash in the above file location is what was seen in the error message. Is that correct?

73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2019-10-24 1:05 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
This release
[...]

Please disregard my last email. After the upgrade failed, I tried to start the previous version of DXView and received the message that DXView was already running. I had terminated it before trying the upgrade, but Task Manager, Details tab still showed DXView running. After ending that task with Task Manager, the upgrade completed okay.

73,
Tim - N3XX