Topics

DXLabsuite Commander and Winwarbler apps help

Roger Larkin

I (nor a local DX Club guru (using and very familiar with the suite) could get these two above mentioned apps to operate with my Kenwood TS-480hx xcvr connected with a nearly new HP laptop (plenty of Ram, dual core processor and speedy, although there is no plug or port for a mic he was asking about ???). He used the Team Viewer program to actually get on my computer to set it up, but couldn't (or so he said) so I appreciatively just thanked him w/o asking why. Our local Utah County, UT, ham club (UVARC) mostly deals with the N3FJP dx program (mostly logging, I think...correct me if I'm wrong), so little or no help is available there. This is my1st attempt with this or any other computer aided programs, so I'm a complete "newbie" at this (newly returned to the hobby after many years away). I would really very much appreciate anyone really familiar with this (and IDEALLY, Kenwood xcvrs) to contact me and see how this might be put together. An email (above address) or a telephone call (801-787-7000) would be great!!Thank you all for your time and interest.

Roger Larkin
Mapleton, UT
KB7JD

[...]

+ Welcome to DXLab, Roger!

+ I suggest that you focus first on getting Commander to work with your TS-480. You will find step-by-step instructions here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlKenwood>

+ FYI, I have a Kenwood TS-2000, which is functionally identical to your TS-480.

+ I also suggest that you review

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

+ When you have Commander controlling your TS-480, let me know and we'll proceed to WinWarbler.

Roger Larkin

Dave, thank you so very much for the reply. I am feeling totally stranded in this first effort to use a dx package system. The DXLab suite looks so good! My guru DX Club friend's failure inability to do this has rather disheartened me with my own extremely inexperienced background in using ham computer aided programs. I appreciate your encouragement and will attempt this myself right away and let you know! Thanks again!

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:10 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ The danger is in trying to learn and apply everything simultaneously. Take it slow, one step at a time, and enjoy the process. Focusing on getting Commander working with your transceiver is the right first step.

My guru DX Club friend's failure inability to do this has rather disheartened me with my own extremely inexperienced background in using ham computer aided programs.

+ Every DXLab application includes the ability to record diagnostic information to a text file, so it you encounter an obstacle I'll be able to tell what's going on.

I appreciate your encouragement and will attempt this myself right away and let you know!

+ If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to post them here. Everyone was a "newbie" once; helping new users is one of the primary reasons this group exists. What I particularly enjoy is seeing the ops who -- years ago -- were newbies now routinely helping new users.

Roy Jackson

Roger,
You have come to the correct place. If this group can't help you, it can't be done! I know it can be done, because I once had a TS-480SAT working with the DXLab Suite. Hang in there . . . don't get discouraged, and keep bringing your questions to this group. They will get you going, 73

Roy G. Jackson KW4G Sebring, Florida USA