DXLabs Program Failures

John Samuels K2CIB

Edited

On 7/8 my DXLabs programs began not opening up properly and opening one sometimes made another disappear.  Maybe DXKeeper will open, then Launcher will disappear, etc. with no error messages, at least to me.  So I looked in the Event Applications logs and found that there was a common module failing: MSVBVM60.DLL in the System32 library.  Only, there was no module there!  I looked at the entire system using Everything, and saw that the module was new from yesterday and present in a few places, but not System32.  I copied it into System32 and everything seems to be OK now.  Love Microsoft!  I looked for recent KB installs, but only saw one for Windows Defender, KB2267602.

On 7/8 my DXLabs programs began not opening up properly and opening one sometimes made another disappear. Maybe DXKeeper will open, then Launcher will disappear, etc. with no error messages, at least to me. So I looked in the Event Applications logs and found that there was a common module failing: MSVBVM60.DLL in the System32 library. Only, there was no module there! I looked at the entire system using Everything, and saw that the module was new from yesterday and present in a few places, but not System32. I copied it into System32 and everything seems to be OK now. Love Microsoft! I looked for recent KB installs, but only saw one for Windows Defender, KB2267602.

+ MSVBVM60.DLL provides the runtime environment for Visual Basic version 6.0, the language in which DXLab applications are written. Microsoft stopped adding functionality to this language more than 10 years ago - providing wonderful stability and predictability. If new instances of MSVBVM60.DLL were installed yesterday, that was likely the result of installing another application - along with the deletion of MSVBVM60.DLL from System 32.

+ See "Managing Hardware and Software Upgrades" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HardwareSoftwareUpgrades

+ Control your computing environment, or it will control you.