DXlabs and FT8

Ted Boerkamp

Hello all…I am trying to set up WSJT-X for FT8 and I have DXlab suite running at the same time,

However I get an immediate Rig Control error  and a question to reconfigure the radio interface.

Is this because Commander is also running at the same time? If so,  are there settings I need

to set in order for it all to play nice?  If I run WSJT alone then I do not get the rig control error.

My goal is to eventually use JTAlert as well so that the contacts

I make will automatically be logged into DxKeeper.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Ted VE3SS

rcktscientist64

Set the rig in WSJTX to commander.

Bruce - K5WBM

On Sep 11, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Ted Boerkamp <tboerkamp@...> wrote:

Hello all…I am trying to set up WSJT-X for FT8 and I have DXlab suite running at the same time,

However I get an immediate Rig Control error  and a question to reconfigure the radio interface.

Is this because Commander is also running at the same time? If so,  are there settings I need

to set in order for it all to play nice?  If I run WSJT alone then I do not get the rig control error.

My goal is to eventually use JTAlert as well so that the contacts

I make will automatically be logged into DxKeeper.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Ted VE3SS

Dave Fugleberg

Ted, have a look at

Basically, in the Radio tab of the WSJT-x setup, select DXLab Commander as the radio, and let Commander manage the communication with the radio.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 10:07 AM rcktscientist64 <bruce.mclain@...> wrote:
Set the rig in WSJTX to commander.

Bruce - K5WBM

On Sep 11, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Ted Boerkamp <tboerkamp@...> wrote:

Hello all…I am trying to set up WSJT-X for FT8 and I have DXlab suite running at the same time,

However I get an immediate Rig Control error  and a question to reconfigure the radio interface.

Is this because Commander is also running at the same time? If so,  are there settings I need

to set in order for it all to play nice?  If I run WSJT alone then I do not get the rig control error.

My goal is to eventually use JTAlert as well so that the contacts

I make will automatically be logged into DxKeeper.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Ted VE3SS

Ted Boerkamp

hi Dave...thanks...that worked!
now I have to learn ft8.
73 Ted VE3SS

[...]

Hi Bruce...thanks ...that worked!
now I have to learn ft8!
73 Ted VE3SS

Hello all…I am trying to set up WSJT-X for FT8 and I have DXlab suite running at the same time,

However I get an immediate Rig Control error  and a question to reconfigure the radio interface.

Is this because Commander is also running at the same time? If so,  are there settings I need

to set in order for it all to play nice?  If I run WSJT alone then I do not get the rig control error.

My goal is to eventually use JTAlert as well so that the contacts

I make will automatically be logged into DxKeeper.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Ted VE3SS

My goal is to eventually use JTAlert as well so that the contacts

I make will automatically be logged into DxKeeper.

+ There are two "styles" of interoperation between DXLab and WSJT-X: direct, and via JTAlert. In both styles, QSOs logged via WSJT-X
are recorded by DXKeeper.

+ The two styles are described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

+ Choose the style that best meets your needs.

Ed W2LCQ

Let WSJT-X control the radio. Turn off DXC. WSJT-X will send the completed QSO to DXK. You don’t need JTAlert at all.

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
BUG CWops (Life) LICWC (Life) SKCC FISTS QCWA ARRL RSGB

On Sep 11, 2021, at 11:11 AM, Dave Fugleberg <davefugleberg@...> wrote:

[...]

+ If you don't run Commander, none of your other DXLab applications will have access to your transceiver's frequency and mode.

+ Run Commander and configure WSJT-X to use Commander for transceiver control, as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect