DXLAB moved to new pc LoTW problem

Pete N4KW

Using "Configuring DXKeeper for Interaction with LOTW" dated 2/18/2020. I then tried as a test to upload one Qso to LOTW,

a window pops up saying "No QSos were uploaded, Command Syntax error.

I question if any changes have been made to the above document dated 2020.

73, Pete, N4KW

Using "Configuring DXKeeper for Interaction with LOTW" dated 2/18/2020. I then tried as a test to upload one Qso to LOTW,

a window pops up saying "No QSos were uploaded, Command Syntax error.
+ That's an error message from TQSL complaining about the command it's receiving from DXKeeper.

+ In the TQSL panel in at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, what version number appears to the right of the word TQSL in the panel caption?

Pete N4KW

On 5/11/2022 12:13 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Using "Configuring DXKeeper for Interaction with LOTW" dated 2/18/2020. I then tried as a test to upload one Qso to LOTW,

a window pops up saying "No QSos were uploaded, Command Syntax error.
+ That's an error message from TQSL complaining about the command it's receiving from DXKeeper.

+ In the TQSL panel in at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, what version number appears to the right of the word TQSL in the panel caption?  2.6
  73, Pete, N4KW

@ more AA6YQ comments below

+ In the TQSL panel in at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, what version number appears to the right of the word TQSL in the panel caption? 2.6

@ 2.6 or 2.6.0 ?

Pete N4KW

It says 2.6.0.  I just down loaded 2.6.1 but it does not show there yet
73, Pete N4KW

On 5/11/2022 3:04 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ more AA6YQ comments below

	+ In the TQSL panel in at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, what version number appears to the right of the word TQSL in the panel caption?  2.6

@ 2.6 or 2.6.0 ?

It says 2.6.0. I just down loaded 2.6.1 but it does not show there yet

+ Please restart DXKeeper, and then check the TQSL version number. If it's now 2.6.1, try directing DXKeeper to upload a QSO to LoTW.

+ If TQSL 2.6.1 also reports an error, please attach the file

LotWCommand.bat

+ from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Pete N4KW

It is still showing 2.6.0

On 5/11/2022 3:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

It says 2.6.0.  I just down loaded 2.6.1 but it does not show there yet

+ Please restart DXKeeper, and then check the TQSL version number. If it's now 2.6.1, try directing DXKeeper to upload a QSO to LoTW.

+ If TQSL 2.6.1 also reports an error, please attach the file

LotWCommand.bat

+ from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

# more AA6YQ comments below

It is still showing 2.6.0

# In the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, please click the Select button, and select the pathname of the just-installed version 2.6.1 of TQSL.

Pete N4KW

Believe there is a problem in that looking under the (x86) files finding trussted QSL and no V0 or V1,.  for some reason the TQSL

V1 or V0 never made it to the Trusted QSL folder.

Pete

On 5/11/2022 3:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

It says 2.6.0.  I just down loaded 2.6.1 but it does not show there yet

+ Please restart DXKeeper, and then check the TQSL version number. If it's now 2.6.1, try directing DXKeeper to upload a QSO to LoTW.

+ If TQSL 2.6.1 also reports an error, please attach the file

LotWCommand.bat

+ from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Joe Subich, W4TV

Dave,

For some reason Rick's new update is still reporting 2.6.0
(at least it is for me). Clicking "Run" then About in tQSL
shows 2.6.1 but DXK still shows 2.6.0.

On 2022-05-11 4:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# more AA6YQ comments below
It is still showing 2.6.0
# In the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, please click the Select button, and select the pathname of the just-installed version 2.6.1 of TQSL.

Believe there is a problem in that looking under the (x86) files finding trussted QSL and no V0 or V1,. for some reason the TQSL

V1 or V0 never made it to the Trusted QSL folder.

+ I can't help you with TQSL installation issues. You can contact the ARRL's LoTW Help Desk via

LoTW-help (at) arrl.org

On 5/11/2022 3:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

It says 2.6.0. I just down loaded 2.6.1 but it does not show there yet

+ Please restart DXKeeper, and then check the TQSL version number. If it's now 2.6.1, try directing DXKeeper to upload a QSO to LoTW.

+ If TQSL 2.6.1 also reports an error, please attach the file

LotWCommand.bat

+ from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Rick,

My TQSL.exe file is dated 2022-04-27.

When I right click the TQSL.exe entry in Windows Explorer and select the Details tab, the "File version" property is displayed as 2.6.0.0

When I run QSL.exe from Windows Explorer and invoke Help|About, the first line of text shown in the About window is

TQSL 2.6 build [v2.6.1]

When I invoke Help|CheckForUpdates, the "No Updates" window states

"You system is up to date
TQSL Version 2.6 and Configuration Data Version 11.19
are the newest available"

Is version 2.6.1 not available?

On 2022-05-11 4:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# more AA6YQ comments below

It is still showing 2.6.0

# In the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, please click the Select button, and select the pathname of the just-installed version 2.6.1 of TQSL.

https://www.avg.com

Pete N4KW

When I hit select there is no place to put a pathname i.n.
New slant-- When I open up TQSL ;there is a line about the middle of the page  and above this line is says Status
Under this line it says Duplicate Call sign Certificate. That does not look right, how can I get rid of one. without effecting the other
Sorry if I misspell I have hand tremors.
73, Pete, N4KW

On 5/11/2022 4:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# more AA6YQ comments below

It is still showing 2.6.0

# In the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, please click the Select button, and select the pathname of the just-installed version 2.6.1 of TQSL.

Rick Murphy

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 7:02 PM Pete N4KW via groups.io <n4kwpete=centurylink.net@groups.io> wrote:
When I hit select there is no place to put a pathname i.n.
New slant-- When I open up TQSL ;there is a line about the middle of the page  and above this line is says Status
Under this line it says Duplicate Call sign Certificate. That does not look right, how can I get rid of one. without effecting the other

How are you opening TQSL?
I have seen cases where people have kept a TQ6 file on their desktop, and double click that TQ6 file to open TQSL.
If you do that, every time you open that TQ6 file it's going to report that there is a "Duplicate Call Sign Certificate" because that is already installed.

Open TQSL from the Windows "Start" menu and this error will not occur.

I've re-built the TQSL 2.6.1 file to correct the wrong file version number: https://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/tqsl-2.6.1.msi
73,
    -Rick

Sorry if I misspell I have hand tremors.
73, Pete, N4KW

On 5/11/2022 4:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# more AA6YQ comments below

It is still showing 2.6.0

# In the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, please click the Select button, and select the pathname of the just-installed version 2.6.1 of TQSL.

Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Dave AA6YQ

Rick K1MU's response to my message below:

+ Checking what Logbook is offering: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw/tqslupdate is still advertising 2.5.9 ?

+ I'll ping the HQ staff to ask for this to be updated.

+ Interestingly, the windows EXE properties still says 2.6.0.0 even though the internal version is 2.6.1.0 - I'm investigating, but it looks like a build step got skipped here.

My TQSL.exe file is dated 2022-04-27.

When I right click the TQSL.exe entry in Windows Explorer and select the Details tab, the "File version" property is displayed as 2.6.0.0

When I run QSL.exe from Windows Explorer and invoke Help|About, the first line of text shown in the About window is

TQSL 2.6 build [v2.6.1]

When I invoke Help|CheckForUpdates, the "No Updates" window states

"You system is up to date
TQSL Version 2.6 and Configuration Data Version 11.19
are the newest available"

Is version 2.6.1 not available?

Dave

When I hit select there is no place to put a pathname i.n.

+ When you click the Select button in the TQS panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, a window whose title is "Open" appears. Use that window to navigate to the folder containing TQSL.exe, and then double-click on the entry for TQSL.exe

New slant-- When I open up TQSL ;there is a line about the middle of the page and above this line is says Status Under this line it says Duplicate Call sign Certificate. That does not look right, how can I get rid of one. without effecting the other

+ Rick K1MU, the developer of TQSL, has joined the group just in time to answer your question.

Sorry if I misspell I have hand tremors.

+ No worries, Pete.

Pete N4KW

That is what I have been doing, did not know any other way, thanks for the ifo.  I will do that from now on.
73, Pete, N4kw

On 5/11/2022 7:11 PM, Rick Murphy wrote:
[...]

+ Pete, are you now able to upload QSOs to LoTW from DXKeeper?

Pete N4KW

GM Dave, No I am not.  a note popped up on the screen saying that my station locations do not match.  This was after a number of tries to up load one Qso

73, Pete, N4KW.

On 5/12/2022 12:35 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

That is what I have been doing, did not know any other way, thanks for the ifo.  I will do that from now on.

+ Pete, are you now able to upload QSOs to LoTW from DXKeeper?

Pete N4KW

Many thanks Rick, that worked and I learned something here, thank you.