Topics

DXLAB Hijacks Cursor

Recently, I notice that when DXLAB is running and I invoke another prograrm such an email or my finance program, I find my cursor seized and it shows up in the frequency block of Commander.  I don't recall this happening earlier.  An experienced user told me the same thing happens to him, even jumping from one virtual desktop to another.  This has happened half a dozen time while I've typed this message.
--
Jim NO0B

Recently, I notice that when DXLAB is running and I invoke another prograrm such an email or my finance program, I find my cursor seized and it shows up in the frequency block of Commander. I don't recall this happening earlier. An experienced user told me the same thing happens to him, even jumping from one virtual desktop to another. This has happened half a dozen time while I've typed this message.

+ When did this behavior first appear, Jim?

The problem has existed for at least several weeks but I don't recall when I first noticed it because I didn't attribute the problem to running DXLab for a while.  The friend I referred to says he doesn't know when it started with him and he thinks it happens with him less than with me.
I am using the latest DXLab releases, Windows10 current, and have a pretty big computer usually running several programs at the same time.
--
Jim NO0B

The problem has existed for at least several weeks but I don't recall when I first noticed it because I didn't attribute the problem to running DXLab for a while. The friend I referred to says he doesn't know when it started with him and he thinks it happens with him less than with me.
I am using the latest DXLab releases, Windows10 current, and have a pretty big computer usually running several programs at the same time.

+ Please specify the most recent date on which you are *certain* that no cursor theft was occurring.

I'm afraid I am not very certain.  My guess is about 3 weeks ago but it may have been longer.   FWIW, I upgrade DXLab programs as soon as they are announced and I see them, which is typically within days of release as I check the forum daily.  I've done several complete computer shut-downs over the past few weeks.
--
Jim NO0B

I'm afraid I am not very certain. My guess is about 3 weeks ago but it may have been longer. FWIW, I upgrade DXLab programs as soon as they are announced and I see them, which is typically within days of release as I check the forum daily. I've done several complete computer shut-downs over the past few weeks.

+ I can't suggest a next diagnostic step without a date on which you are certain that cursor stealing was not occurring.

+ The plan is to have you run the version of Commander that was public on that date. If cursor stealing does not occur, then some subsequent change in Commander is a factor; if cursor stealing does occur, then something other than Commander is responsible.

I have 14.4.0 and I guess I can work backward until the problem goes away.  It's pretty easy to replicate.  Where can I find the download files for previous releases?
--
Jim NO0B

ND9G Mike

If you haven't deleted them yet, previous versions you've had installed are located within your DxLab\Commander folder.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 1:14 PM Jim NO0B <jnmeade@...> wrote:
I have 14.4.0 and I guess I can work backward until the problem goes away.  It's pretty easy to replicate.  Where can I find the download files for previous releases?
--
Jim NO0B

Dave / NR1DX

Jim

Questions
1) A little more detail about the symptoms of this Hijacking? What other programs cant get access to the cursor ( mouse?)
2) When did you first notice the problem? Immediately after installing or several days later?
3) What operating system are you using?

I am running DX Lab 14.4 under WIN-10 Pro ( latest update) along with Firefox, JTDX, JT Alert, VSPE, Excel and a few others and have no problems?. I typically dont have the entire lab suite open ..just DXKeeper, Commander , Spot Collector and DXView

Dave
NR1DX

Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

Questions
1) A little more detail about the symptoms of this Hijacking? What other programs cant get access to the cursor ( mouse?)
2) When did you first notice the problem? Immediately after installing or several days later?
3) What operating system are you using?

I am running DX Lab 14.4 under WIN-10 Pro ( latest update) along with Firefox, JTDX, JT Alert, VSPE, Excel and a few others and have
no problems?. I typically dont have the entire lab suite open ..just DXKeeper, Commander , Spot Collector and DXView

+ Since no one else is reporting this behavior, we're trying to help Jim determine what on his system is responsible. The first step
is to determine whether this behavior was "enabled" by a particular version of Commander. I'd like Jim to run a version of Commander
from a time when he is certain that cursor-theft was not occurring. If cursor-theft does not now occur with this version, then we
know the behavior was enabled by a subsequent change to Commander.

If you haven't deleted them yet, previous versions you've had installed are located within your DxLab\Commander folder.

+ Given that the filenames of these versions include a version number, you may need to configure your anti-malware application to consider them to be "safe".

+ If you've deleted these previous Commander versions, let me know and I'll send them to you.