DXLab Commander in Parallels talking to WSJT-X on a mac

Dan Stancil

I have DXLab Commander running in a virtual Windows 11 machine in Parallels Desktop on an intel Mac running OSX 12.6. It controls my IC-7300 with no problem. I also have WSJT-X running on my mac, and by itself it works great with my rig. However, when I set the rig to DXLab Commander, I get the "Failed to connect to DX Lab Suite Commander Connection refused" error message. I've checked the ports (Base Port: 52000 on DXLab commander), and I have tried both leaving the WSJT-X Network server blank, as well as 127.0.0.1:52002, but neither works. I'm launching DXLab Commander first, before trying to connect with WSJT-X.

I'm wondering if there is something else I need to do to get WSJT-X on my mac to talk to Commander on the virtual windows machine?

73,
Dan WY3O

I have DXLab Commander running in a virtual Windows 11 machine in Parallels Desktop on an intel Mac running OSX 12.6. It controls my IC-7300 with no problem. I also have WSJT-X running on my mac, and by itself it works great with my rig. However, when I set the rig to DXLab Commander, I get the "Failed to connect to DX Lab Suite Commander Connection refused" error message. I've checked the ports (Base Port: 52000 on DXLab commander), and I have tried both leaving the WSJT-X Network server blank, as well as 127.0.0.1:52002, but neither works. I'm launching DXLab Commander first, before trying to connect with WSJT-X.

+ For transceiver control, all that should be necessary is to set the Rig selector on the Radio tab of the WSJT-X Settings window to "DXLab Suite Commander". None of the IP addresses specified on the Reporting tab of the WSJT-X Settings window should specify Commander's IP address and port; doing so might prevent WSJT-X from being able to connect to Commander for transceiver control.

+ I don't know whether WSJT-X correctly runs on Parallels; unless someone here reports success with this configuration, I suggest that you contact the WSJT-X developers.