DXLab and FTdx-101 Screensaver

Jeff, K6JW

I am running DXLab with an FTdx-101MP and using the USB port for radio interfacing with the software. The PC is a Dell Alienware Aurora R13 with 16 GB of RAM and an Intel i7 Gen 12 processor. All runs as it should with SpotCollector, Commander, WinWarbler, and DXKeeper all properly interfaced. My problem is that when the DXLab suite is running, the radio's screensaver will not activate. If the software is closed, the screensaver functions normally. I'm assuming that the problem is an ongoing stream of data to the radio via the USB connection. I have not been able to resolve this despite multiple efforts. Closing any of DXLab's modules alone or in combination will not allow the screensaver to run and, in fact, nothing short of completely closing DXLab allows the screensaver to kick in. It should be noted that this problem did not occur with my prior Win 10 computer despite all settings being replicated on the newer computer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
[...]

+ That's clearly a defect in the FTdx-101MP. Resolving it will require your engagement with Yaesu Support,.

+ Commander is the only DXLab application that interacts with your radio. Does terminating Commander enable the radio's screensaver to work? If so, you could configure a second "primary transceiver" in Commander that doesn't use a serial port -- Pegasus is perfect for this -- and switch Commander to that second transceiver when you want your radio's screensaver to work.