DXL Reinstall

Jim Denneny

Hi.  Suffered a fatal hd crash.  Installing DXL on new PC.  Rig is K3s.  I do not see it in DXK Radio Config drop down.  I see KENWOOD option.  Since Elecraft choice is KENWOOD,or K2 is that the right Radio or else why don't I se K3s in dropdown?.  Radio is not responding to that choice.

Jim K7EG

rcktscientist64

Did you direct Launcher to update the other applications?

Bruce - K5WBM

On Jun 10, 2021, at 11:39 AM, Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:

Hi.  Suffered a fatal hd crash.  Installing DXL on new PC.  Rig is K3s.  I do not see it in DXK Radio Config drop down.  I see KENWOOD option.  Since Elecraft choice is KENWOOD,or K2 is that the right Radio or else why don't I se K3s in dropdown?.  Radio is not responding to that choice.

Jim K7EG

Hi. Suffered a fatal hd crash. Installing DXL on new PC. Rig is K3s. I do not see it in DXK Radio Config drop down. I see KENWOOD option. Since Elecraft choice is KENWOOD,or K2 is that the right Radio or else why don't I se K3s in dropdown?. Radio is not responding to that choice.

+ It sounds like you're not running the current version of Commander, which is 15.0.9. Either that, or your Commander folder contains an obsolete Radios.txt file.

Jim Denneny

yes.  All suites installed and up to date.  Cannot find K3s in Commander>config>rGeneral>radio dropdown.

Dave AA6YQ

yes. All suites installed and up to date. Cannot find K3s in Commander>config>rGeneral>radio dropdown.

+ K3 is the correct entry to select. There has never been a K3S entry.

Jim Denneny

Yes Dave.  Brought over obsolete radio.txt.  I will try to find current list.  When I reinstalled DXL Suites, I thought any file like that would get an update.  I will search web for current file.  Wonder how many other brought over files are obsolete?  May need to delete it all and start over

Yes Dave.  Brought over obsolete radio.txt
+ By that, I assume you mean that when you didn't see K3S in Commander's Radio Model selector, you incorrectly assumed you had an obsolete Radios.txt file, and "brought over" one that really was obsolete.

I will try to find current list.

+ You'll find it here:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Radios.txt

When I reinstalled DXL Suites, I thought any file like that would get an update.
+ Directing the Launcher to install Commander provisions it with an up-to-date Radios.txt file. If that were not the case, there would be lots of posts here from new DXLab users unable to find a recent radio in Commander's Model selector.

I will search web for current file.  Wonder how many other brought over files are obsolete?
+ None reported in years.

May need to delete it all and start over
+ That would be an exceptionally bad idea.

Jim Denneny

Thanks all. Fresh install is running ok now.  Only issue left is loss of four com ports using new PC. I need to learn how to create some Com ports.

Jim K7EG

neil_zampella

Have you thought about a good, powered USB hub, and if needing RS232 connections, good USB adapters?     This will work,  but don't use a cheap hub nor cheap adapters.

Neil, KN3ILZ