Topics

DXKeeper vs. DXCC - Awards

David Reed

I just had an application for the DXCC Challenge turned down.

According to DXKeeper:  Confirmed DXCC Challenge total (Phone, CW, Digital, excludes deleted countries) bands     1100

According to ARRL:  Deleted Countries don’t count toward your Challenge Award, so you only have 956 Current Countries which includes 1 QSO in LogBook.
If you look at your LogBook that is what you will see, 956.  Sorry

As far as deleted countries, I think I have 3, so I have not figured out what is going on. How might I best determine the discrepancy so that I might better address it?

Thanks in advance!

73 de W5SV - David F. Reed

Joe Subich, W4TV

1) What does the *bottom row* of the DXCC Summary (RAT -> Summary
button) show?

2) If you click Check Progress -> DXCC, Challenge & TopList ->
Compare, what does the report say (are there any discrepancies)?

On 2020-12-30 8:38 AM, David Reed wrote:
I just had an application for the DXCC Challenge turned down.
According to DXKeeper: Confirmed DXCC Challenge total (Phone, CW, Digital, excludes deleted countries) bands 1100
According to ARRL: Deleted Countries don’t count toward your Challenge Award, so you only have 956 Current Countries which includes 1 QSO in LogBook.
If you look at your LogBook that is what you will see, 956. Sorry
As far as deleted countries, I think I have 3, so I have not figured out what is going on. How might I best determine the discrepancy so that I might better address it?
Thanks in advance!
73 de W5SV - David F. Reed

David Reed

Thanks for the help Joe;

On 12/30/2020 14:56, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

1) What does the *bottom row* of the DXCC Summary (RAT -> Summary
button) show?
Worked   Confirmed  Verified
1281        1100            956

I think this sort of answers my question; I have 144 Confirmed but unverified contacts for this award...

Is there a simple way I could identify them as "needed, worked but unverified" so that I can get the cards to a card checker or whatever I need to do next?

2) If you click Check Progress -> DXCC, Challenge & TopList ->
   Compare, what does the report say (are there any discrepancies)?
The discrepancies here are understood; it shows 1090 rather than 1100, due to deleted countries I think...

On 2020-12-30 8:38 AM, David Reed wrote:
[...]

Confirmed means you have card in hand or confirmation on LotW. The
easiest way to identify those confirmations that will advance your
status is to create a DXCC submission (Check Progress -> DXCC, Challenge
& TopList -> Submission). See:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateSubmission>

You could check LotW for "Pending Credits" so see if you have enough
LotW Credits (but I think the DXCC desk said you have only a couple).

On 2020-12-30 8:38 AM, David Reed wrote:
I just had an application for the DXCC Challenge turned down.

According to DXKeeper:  Confirmed DXCC Challenge total (Phone, CW, Digital, excludes deleted                     countries) bands     1100

According to ARRL:     Deleted Countries don’t count toward your Challenge Award, so you                         only have 956 Current Countries which includes 1 QSO in LogBook.
                    If you look at your LogBook that is what you will see, 956.  Sorry

As far as deleted countries, I think I have 3, so I have not figured out what is going on. How might I best determine the discrepancy so that I might better address it?

Thanks in advance!

73 de W5SV - David F. Reed

David Reed

Joe,

Thanks! that was what the Dr. ordered... cards going off to checker shortly.

73 de Dave, W5SV