Topics

DXKeeper TQSL and CQWAE Errors

John Huffman

I'm getting these errors -
Error 1 -
08-Jun-2019 15:44:11 > program error 55 in module DXQSLModule.DisplayTQSLAnnouncements, TQSLMajorVersion = 2: File already open

The TQSL file is version 2.4.7.

Error 2 -
On startup I get a message box saying -
"CQ WAE award file C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWAE.txt contains an entry that does not specify the region's continent"

Here are the contents of the file -
1,206,4U1V,ITU Vienna,CQ,WAE
2,248,IG9/IH9,African Italy,CQ,NoWAE
3,248,IT9,Sicily,CQ,WAE
4,259,JW/B, Bear Island,CQ,WAE
5,279,GM/S,Shetland Islands,CQ,WAE
6,390,TA1,European Turkey,CQ,WAE
7,296,YU8,Kosovo,CQ,WAE

73 de K1ESE
John

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 10:10 AM, John Huffman wrote:

I'm getting these errors -
Error 1 -
08-Jun-2019 15:44:11 > program error 55 in module DXQSLModule.DisplayTQSLAnnouncements, TQSLMajorVersion = 2: File already open

The TQSL file is version 2.4.7.

Error 2 -
On startup I get a message box saying -
"CQ WAE award file C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWAE.txt contains an entry that does not specify the region's continent"

Here are the contents of the file -
1,206,4U1V,ITU Vienna,CQ,WAE
2,248,IG9/IH9,African Italy,CQ,NoWAE
3,248,IT9,Sicily,CQ,WAE
4,259,JW/B, Bear Island,CQ,WAE
5,279,GM/S,Shetland Islands,CQ,WAE
6,390,TA1,European Turkey,CQ,WAE
7,296,YU8,Kosovo,CQ,WAE

+ When did these error messages first begin appearing?

+ What changes to your hardware or software did you make around that time?

+ What version of DXKeeper are you running?

John Huffman

First, I admit it was self-inflicted.  I'm still trying to figure out the occasional LotW U vs Y issue I have had.  Enough excuses.

I uninstalled DXKeeper yesterday.  I downloaded the latest version, installed it, and imported my log.

After that, these two issues emerged.  I'm guessing my actions didn't take into account settings in the registry.

So far the reinstalled DXKeeper seems to be working well except for these two issues.  Both old and new were the current versions of DXKeeper.

73 de K1ESE
John

First, I admit it was self-inflicted. I'm still trying to figure out the occasional LotW U vs Y issue I have had. Enough excuses.

I uninstalled DXKeeper yesterday. I downloaded the latest version, installed it, and imported my log.

After that, these two issues emerged. I'm guessing my actions didn't take into account settings in the registry.

So far the reinstalled DXKeeper seems to be working well except for these two issues. Both old and new were the current versions of DXKeeper.

+ Your actions were equivalent to discharging a shotgun in your car's engine compartment because it ran out of gas.

+ Surprise! There are now holes in some hoses. And you're still out of gas.

I'm getting these errors -
Error 1 -

08-Jun-2019 15:44:11 > program error 55 in module DXQSLModule.DisplayTQSLAnnouncements, TQSLMajorVersion = 2: File already open

The TQSL file is version 2.4.7.

Error 2 -
On startup I get a message box saying -
"CQ WAE award file C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWAE.txt contains an entry that does not specify the region's continent"

Here are the contents of the file -
1,206,4U1V,ITU Vienna,CQ,WAE
2,248,IG9/IH9,African Italy,CQ,NoWAE
3,248,IT9,Sicily,CQ,WAE
4,259,JW/B, Bear Island,CQ,WAE
5,279,GM/S,Shetland Islands,CQ,WAE
6,390,TA1,European Turkey,CQ,WAE
7,296,YU8,Kosovo,CQ,WAE

+ Continent information was appended to each line of this file in DXKeeper 14.8.2, back in January. An up-to-date version of this file is available via

<www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/CQWAE.txt>

+ As for the first problem above, I suggest that you reboot Windows.

John Huffman

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 01:18 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/CQWAE.txt
All issues resolved.  I promise to try harder not to do stupid stuff.  However, there are a number of people who will claim that is an empty promise...

MANY thanks, Dave.

73 de K1ESE
John