Topics

DXKeeper SFI, A, K logging and JTAlert issue

Stephen Budensiek

Hello all.  I use WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.15.10 for FT8.  I have the box checked in JTAlert, Logging to fill the SFI, A, and K boxes in DXKeeper 15.4.3.  When I first started this a couple years ago, it would fill in automatically.  With one of the upgrades of JTAlert, it quit doing so.  I have the latest updates for WSJT-X, JTAlert, the current Netframe edition 4.7.2, and am running Win7 Professional 32 bit, all updates.  Does this feature not work anymore, or what am I missing?

Hello all. I use WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.15.10 for FT8. I have the box checked in JTAlert, Logging to fill the SFI, A, and K boxes in DXKeeper 15.4.3. When I first started this a couple years ago, it would fill in automatically. With one of the upgrades of JTAlert, it quit doing so. I have the latest updates for WSJT-X, JTAlert, the current Netframe edition 4.7.2, and am running Win7 Professional 32 bit, all updates. Does this feature not work anymore, or what am I missing?

+ Unless someone more familiar with JTAlert than me responds here, I suggest that you post your question on the JTAlert Support group:

<https://hamapps.groups.io/>

Stephen Budensiek

Dave, I tried the JTAlert support group, they sent me here.  Guess I'll keep filling it manually, I like to have that data with qso in log.  73's

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Hello all.  I use WSJT-X 2.1.2 and JTAlert 2.15.10 for FT8.  I have the box checked in JTAlert, Logging to fill the SFI, A, and K boxes in DXKeeper 15.4.3.  When I first started this a couple years ago, it would fill in automatically.  With one of the upgrades of JTAlert, it quit doing so.  I have the latest updates for WSJT-X, JTAlert, the current Netframe edition 4.7.2, and am running Win7 Professional 32 bit, all updates.  Does this feature not work anymore, or what am I missing?

+ Unless someone more familiar with JTAlert than me responds here, I suggest that you post your question on the JTAlert Support group:

<https://hamapps.groups.io/>

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/02/2020 2:37 pm, Stephen Budensiek wrote:
I tried the JTAlert support group, they sent me here.  Guess I'll keep filling it manually, I like to have that data with qso in log.  73's

There have been no recent posts on the HamApps group regarding SFI data not being logged.
There are no messages waiting moderator approval.
I don't know where you posted your question, it definitely wasn't on the HamApps group.
Who was it (name?, callsign?) that told you to come back here without providing you an answer.

If you had posted to the HamApps group you would have gotten the following authoritative answer...
SFI data comes into JTAlert as part of the Band Activity data downloaded from HamSpots.net. The Band Activity display needs to be enabled for SFI data to be automatically downloaded and to be available for logging

de Laurie VK3AMA

Stephen Budensiek

  Under Alerts, there is the Quick Enable / Disable on alerts,  The Band Activity Display is checked, with a Green ON beside it.   Not getting any SFI info with  logging.   I've had 4 heart attacks, the first a widowmaker.  It's often weeks between when I get a reply, and am able to act on it.   Really liked it working for the first few months, couple years ago.    Back then JTAlert said we had to have the latest version of Fratework? file, but it would always abort when I tried updating it.  Recently able to get it to update, but still no SFI data.  Thank you for the note.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:59 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

+ Thanks, Laurie!

+ The above information has been added as step 2.d in the JTAlert section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert>