DXKeeper Script questions

Gordon LaPoint

I'm trying a new mode VarAC.  The mode logs with the mode set to "VARA" . I add an exception to TQSL so it uploads to LOTW as DATA.  So far it all is good.  When I update from LOTW I get an error "No matching QSO in log" , expected because the modes don't match.

I wrote a script to change the mode to 'DATA' and put the "VARA" in user_defined_3 so I can find all the VARA contacts in the future when (If) the mode is added to the ADIF specs.

The script does not work.

Script:

// Find MODE VARA and change mode to DATA and put VARA in USER DEFINED #4 (VARA) //
Filter MODE='VARA'
Modify MODE 'DATA'
Modify APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_3 'VARA'

Log output:

// Find MODE VARA and change mode to DATA and put VARA in USER DEFINED #4 (VARA) //
Filter MODE='VARA'
   Selected 3 QSOs

Modify MODE 'DATA'
   'DATA' is not a valid value for the QSO item mode; no QSOs modified

   script terminated

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Gordon - N1MGO

Joe Subich, W4TV

DXKeeper does not define a "DATA" mode. You will need to add it to
your "MODES.TXT" file in the DxKeeper\Databases directory. Since
you have (obviously) already added VARA as a user defined mode,
duplicate that line as DATA.

See: DXKeeper Help -> Configuration -> Defining or Eliminating Modes

On 2022-05-08 6:37 AM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
[...]

+ Or configure TQSL to temporarily map VARA to DATA, as described here:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/pref-adi/

Gordon LaPoint

I still can not get this scrip to work!!
I copied DefaultModes.txt to Modes.txt and added the following line, (closing DXkeeper and Spot collector first)

DATA, DXCC_RTTY, WAZ_Digital, WPX_Digital, WAS_Digital

I then restarted DXKeeper and SPotcollector and tried the script again.  I still get the same error,

On 5/8/2022 6:37 AM, Gordon LaPoint via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Do you have a customized "modes.txt" file in the DXKeeper databases
directory?

Go to the Advanced tab ... in the "Modify QSOs" box, set "Item Name"
to "Mode" ... click on the down arrow to the right of the "New Item
Value" box and scroll down; does "DATA" appear in that list?

On 2022-05-16 3:13 PM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
[...]

Joe,
    Yes to both, the
Advanced tab,
Modify QSOs" box, set "Item Name"
to "Mode" ... click on the down arrow to the right of the "New Item
Value" box and scroll down; does "DATA" appear in that list?

DATA appears

Still did not work.

Thanks,
Gordon - N1MGO

On 2022-05-16 3:13 PM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
[...]

Interesting ... I can perform each of the script steps manually
using the FilterTextBox and Advanced tab (Modify QSOs in Log Page),
Dave?

On 2022-05-16 3:13 PM, Gordon LaPoint wrote:
[...]

+ The correct script command is

Modify MODE DATA

+ See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Scripts.htm#Modify

+ Note that the recommended technique for logging modes like VARA that are not yet accepted by LoTW is to log them with their proper mode name, and configure TQSL to map that mode to DATA:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/pref-adi/

+ After LoTW begins accepting the mode, you can simply delete the mode mapping in TQSL.

Gordon LaPoint

Dave,
   Thanks!  That fixed it.  I had read the document you list below, it did not make clear that you DON'T put the ' around data items like in a normal SQL expression.
Also, I'm doing the modification because when I do a "Sync LoTW QSOs" I get errors that the call is not in the log.
So what I do is:
1. Configured TQSL to map VARA to DATA:
2. Upload to LoTW.
3. Run my "VaraToData" mode change script.
4. then I can do a "Sync LoTW QSOs" without error for this mode.

This way when (If) LoTW accepts VARA as a mode I can change back with a similar scrip, looking for VARA in the User-defined cell

I thought this might be a cleaner way to keep the log updated with LoTW without errors.
Thanks!
Gordon - N1MGO

On 5/16/2022 23:07 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ The Modify script command does not utilize SQL expressions. No apostrophes are present in the examples shown.

          Dave