DXKeeper running very slowly

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Since last week DXKeeper is logging calls so slowly as to make working anything very tedious. It can take up to 40 seconds from pressing the log pop up to the callsign appearing at the top of my DXKeeper list.
It starts ok but gradually gets slower and slower. I've removed all AV ware and stopped eventually everything except DXKeeper.
I feel the cause is W11 Insider preview. I'm inclined to persist. Anyone else who has similar problems who can advise please feel free to do so.
73
Tony G4CJC

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Tony,

There are a number of programs (which may have resurfaced in an update) that are known to cause the precise problems with slow loading you are referring to). Many are listed in one of the doc files for DXLabSuites. If you read that and disable those programs from running, you may find the problem is solved.

I had it here, and since I disabled some of the 'suggested offenders', I have not seen the slowness since and it's been nearly a year.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 10:44 AM Tony Dixon G4CJC <tdxio@...> wrote:
Since last week DXKeeper is logging calls so slowly as to make working anything very tedious. It can take up to 40 seconds from pressing the log pop up to the callsign appearing at the top of my DXKeeper list.
It starts ok but gradually gets slower and slower. I've removed all AV ware and stopped eventually everything except DXKeeper.
I feel the cause is W11 Insider preview. I'm inclined to persist. Anyone else who has similar problems who can advise please feel free to do so.
73
Tony G4CJC

Dave AA6YQ

Since last week DXKeeper is logging calls so slowly as to make working anything very tedious. It can take up to 40 seconds from pressing the log pop up to the callsign appearing at the top of my DXKeeper list.
It starts ok but gradually gets slower and slower. I've removed all AV ware and stopped eventually everything except DXKeeper.
I feel the cause is W11 Insider preview. I'm inclined to persist. Anyone else who has similar problems who can advise please feel free to do so.

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", start DXKeeper, and log some test QSOs.

+ Any change in behavior?

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Hi. I've taken some time to delve into this odd behaviour.
I tested from a fresh start up and worked six contacts using WSJT-X/JTAlert. The first one logged fine in less than 1 second. By the time I was at the sixth logging a contact was taking 20 seconds. Restarting Just DXKeeper and/or re booting the whole machine gave the same results. I tried booting into safe mode but my IC7600 would not work (no drivers?) and I had no internet despite opting for it I tried removing/stopping my AV software to no avail. However, it is my habit after logging each contact to right click on it in DX keeper and spot it. I have found that if I don't do that then logging, after a fresh start, works very speedily 20 contacts no problem. On my set up this is readily reproducible. So my work round is to not spot using that fast and convenient method. Can anyone confirm the same effect?
73
Tony G4CJC

[...]

+ Reports of DXKeeper running slowly are invariably the result of interference from another application. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

+ If you are also running SpotCollector, be sure you've optimized it for execution on your system:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance

+ Waiting to resolve problems makes them more difficult to resolve, as evidence of causation by recent changes to hardware or software is generally forgotten.