Topics

DXKeeper Recorded Wrong Freq for FT8 Split Operation

Mark Robinson

This morning I worked several JA stations on 160m FT8.   I was working split, transmitting on 1840 and listening on 1908.   I was using JTAlert to send the QSO information to DXkeeper.

When I look at DXKeeper,  I see that my TX and RX Frequnecies have been logged  as 1.909.  This is OK for my RX Freq but my actual TX Freq was 1840.

I had Commander running but I think think the FT8 logging info comes via JTAlert

73 Mark N1UK

This morning I worked several JA stations on 160m FT8. I was working split, transmitting on 1840 and listening on 1908. I was using JTAlert to send the QSO information to DXkeeper.

When I look at DXKeeper, I see that my TX and RX Frequnecies have been logged as 1.909. This is OK for my RX Freq but my actual TX Freq was 1840.

I had Commander running but I think think the FT8 logging info comes via JTAlert

+ DXKeeper logs the information contained in the ADIF record it receives from JTAlert, which specifies the QSO frequency or frequencies; DXKeeper does not consult Commander to obtain your transceiver frequencies, as those are not the QSO frequencies when operating FT8.