DXKeeper Question

Scott

I know that running DXLabs DXKeeper on more than one computer cannot share the same log file simultaneously. I have two HF radios in the shack, the main one and the other I use occasionally for FT8. If I would upload those few FT8 QSO's to LoTW from that computer, is there a way the main computer with the log I keep up to date, be able to capture the QSO's I uploaded from the other computer when I "Sync LoTW QSOs" or "Sync LoTW QSLs" from my main DXKeeper?

Thanks,
Scott, KN3A

I know that running DXLabs DXKeeper on more than one computer cannot share the same log file simultaneously. I have two HF radios in the shack, the main one and the other I use occasionally for FT8. If I would upload those few FT8 QSO's to LoTW from that computer, is there a way the main computer with the log I keep up to date, be able to capture the QSO's I uploaded from the other computer when I "Sync LoTW QSOs" or "Sync LoTW QSLs" from my main DXKeeper?

+ If you do that, invoking "Sync LoTW QSOs" or "Sync LoTW QSLs" will report "no matching QSO in log" for the QSOs not present in DXKeeper.

+ LoTW is a poor conveyor or QSOs, as it only maintains the minimum amount of information necessary for confirming ARRL awards.

+ Unless you're making CW or SSB QSOs with your left hand while your right hand is making FT8 QSOs, configure your two instances of DXKeeper to reference the same log file (I assume your two computers are linked by a fast local area network) but terminate one before you start the other, and vice versa.

Scott

Dave,

Thank you for the reply and confirming that it wasn't a good idea to try to upload to LoTW and get matches from the other computer. There are times I do simultaneous FT8 or something which could mess things up. Perhaps I'll still give it a try and see what  happens.

Scott

Mark Robinson

You could export a date sorted ADI file from one log and import it into the other log.

It would take some care but you could keep a master log and import in your FT8 QSO's for example.  Something to think about.

73 Mark N1UK

You could export a date sorted ADI file from one log and import it into the other log.

It would take some care but you could keep a master log and import in your FT8 QSO's for example. Something to think about.

+ WSJT-X maintains an ADIF file containing every QSO its ever logged. Importing this file into DXKeeper would require enabling "Duplicate detection", which greatly increases the time required to perform the import. operation.

+ This could be avoided if the WSJT-X log file were deleted after being imported into DXKeeper. To begin operating this way, I'd suggest first terminating WSJT-X, importing the WSJT-X log into DXKeeper with duplicate checking enabled (before retiring for the evening, because it will take a long time), and then deleting the WSJT-X log file.

+ From then on, import the WSJT-X log file into DXKeeper at the end of each operating session (without duplicate checking enabled), terminate WSJT-X, and delete the WSJT-X log file.

+ If you're using the direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, there's an easier solution: configure WSJT-X on computer B to send logging directives to the instance of SpotCollector running on computer A, which will in turn log those directives to the instance of DXKeeper running on computer A. In the "Installing and Configuring WSJT-X" section of " Getting Started with K1JT modes using Direct Interoperation Between DXLab and WSJT-X", see step 6.b.i

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ This will enable the direct logging of QSOs to the instance of DXKeeper running on computer A and the logging of QSOs from WSJT-X running on computer B to the instance of DXKeeper running on computer A.

Santiago Mejia

Edited

If I may jump in with a probable work around. If you use Grid Tracker (https://gridtracker.org) in the computer you use to run FT8 you can then configure Gridtracker to send the qso to DxKeeper, giving it the IP and Port of the computer with DxKeeper (but it should be open for it to work).

What do you think Dave?

Edited to correct expand a name.
______________
73 de Santiago
HI8O (former HI8SMX) - KB8SMX
web: www.hi8smx.online
YouTube: HI8SMX
Twitter: @hi8smx
Instagram: hi8smx

If I may jump in with a probable work around. If you use Grid Tracker (https://gridtracker.org) in the computer you use to run FT8 you can then configure Gridtracker to send the qso to DxKeeper, giving it the IP and Port of the computer with DxKeeper (but it should be open for it to work).

What do you think Dave?

1. it's a bad idea to work around a problem without first understanding its root cause

2. As far as I can determine, Grid Tracker does nothing that DXView doesn't already do

neil_zampella

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 01:12 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
2. As far as I can determine, Grid Tracker does nothing that DXView doesn't already do

From what I understand, GT hits up PSK Reporter for its information, which then slows down that site.   Something else DXView doesn't do.

Neil, KN3ILZ