DXKEEPER qso broadcast

The Romagni's

I am playing around with something - I have a quick question! does DXKeeper is capable of broadcasting a logged qso via udp? I know it can rx from other tools (wsjtx...) but wondering if it can broadcast out via tcp/udp?

Thanks,

Steve
W4DTA

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below.

I am playing around with something - I have a quick question! does DXKeeper is capable of broadcasting a logged qso via udp?

+ No one has ever requested such a capability, so it is not provided.

Hi Dave,
during these days I'm working with italian stations called WRTC for the WRTC 2022 Award.
They used hamaward.cloud service, an online log that can be loaded by a simple UDP client.
Other Hamradio Logs can do this (like WSJT, JTDX, N1mm and other).
By the way, other online logs are borned and have online APIs to upload QSOs, such as HRDLOG, QRZ.com, HAMLOG.online and so on.
It can be a pretty preciuos feature to develop.
Is'nt it?
73 de Leo IZ5FSA

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-03-01 8:07 AM, IZ5FSA Leo wrote:

It can be a pretty preciuos feature to develop.
Absolutely not. Every additional "online ego log" that is
supported brings exponential additional complexity and
confusion to new users for a feature that would be used for
only a minuscule fraction of the installed user base.

All of the ego logs online can be supported by ADIF export
so adding built in exports would provide on added functionality
at the cost of diverting development resources from adding new
functionality.

On 2022-03-01 8:07 AM, IZ5FSA Leo wrote:
Hi Dave,
[...]

+ You are the first person to request this capability. All enhancement requests are prioritized as a function of the value they would provide to users, the fraction of the user community that would benefit from that value, and the magnitude of the development and testing effort. You can review submitted enhancement requests in the "Enhancement Logs" column of this table:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Availability%20announcements

+ Note that Volker DL9HO's "Log Publisher" add-in supports some of the online logs you mention above:

http://www.dl9ho.de/LogPublisher/LogPublisher.htm

+ Further note that you can use DXKeeper's "Since" filter to export to an ADIF file all QSOs made after a specified date, and then submit that file to your online log.