Topics

DXKeeper problem

w5ec

My DXKeeper log has thousands of QSOs and of those QSOs the LOTW users are colored yellow.
I have recently imported my FT8 QSOs into DXKeeper and not a single one of hundreds of FT8 QSOs
are colored any color. It seems like they are ignored by DXKeeper. I can't believe that none of them are not LOTW users.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Bill W5EC

Carl - WC4H

Have you synchronized with LoTW since the importing of the FT8 records.  I find that about 70% of FT8 users use LoTW.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

On Sunday, February 23, 2020, 08:37:50 AM EST, w5ec <bhw5ec@...> wrote:

My DXKeeper log has thousands of QSOs and of those QSOs the LOTW users are colored yellow.
I have recently imported my FT8 QSOs into DXKeeper and not a single one of hundreds of FT8 QSOs
are colored any color. It seems like they are ignored by DXKeeper. I can't believe that none of them are not LOTW users.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Bill W5EC

w5ec

Simply amazing! I've never done that before--never had to.
I went through the whole updating and syncing process and there it was.
About 99.9% of the new QSOs were LOTW users and all in yellow.
Thanks.
Bill W5EC

My DXKeeper log has thousands of QSOs and of those QSOs the LOTW users are colored yellow.
I have recently imported my FT8 QSOs into DXKeeper and not a single one of hundreds of FT8 QSOs are colored any color. It seems like they are ignored by DXKeeper. I can't believe that none of them are not LOTW users.
Any ideas?

+ Before you clicked the Start button on DXKeeper's Main window's "Import QSOs" tab, did you enable the "Update LoTW membership" option in the upper-left corner of that tab?

Simply amazing! I've never done that before--never had to.
I went through the whole updating and syncing process and there it was.
About 99.9% of the new QSOs were LOTW users and all in yellow.

+ Had you enabled the "Update LoTW Membership" option on the "Import QSOs" tab before clicking the Start button, your imported QSOs would be been updated to reflect LotW participation.

w5ec

I've never done that before but I certainly will from now on.
Bill W5EC

w5ec

OK, this is not a button. It is now enabled so I should never have to do it again.
Bill W5EC

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 10:22 AM, w5ec wrote:

I've never done that before but I certainly will from now on.

+ Take a look at all of the import options, as there my be others you wish to enable:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Import.htm#Options>

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM, w5ec wrote:

OK, this is not a button. It is now enabled so I should never have to do it again.

+ When you have DXKeeper and your other DXLab applications configured to your taste, terminate all of them except the Launcher, direct the Launcher to create and populate a Workspace:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateUpdateWorkspace>

+ and place a backup copy of that Workspace someplace safe (e.g. on a thumb drive, or in DropBox or OneDrive).

+ Then when you next experience a catastrophic hardware or software failure - which is pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point --  you'll be able to quickly recover all of your DXLab application settings.