DXKeeper-Pathfinder Lookup Errors

w2eck

I continue to have issues regarding the interaction between DXKeeper (DXK) and Pathfinder(PF). It has become quite frustrating when using the programs in a busy operating environment and having these errors continuously pop up.

Both programs are up to date as is my Win 10 64 bit system.

With DXKeeper and Pathfinder running, I enter a Callsign in the Capture window on DXK and click Lookup.

-       Sometimes all works fine and the lookup data from PF populates the fields in the Capture window

-       Sometimes I get a DXK call search msg saying “xxxx Callsign was not found” but looking at PF it was found. Once logged in DXK. I can use the CBA feature to fill in the missing data.

-       Other times I will do the Capture window c/s lookup and the PF window goes blank. I then have to close and reopen PF to get it working again.

-       Other times DXK and PF are working nicely together looking up C/S’s but out of the blue I get a msg saying DXK is not connected to PF

I have posted questions previously here about the same type of issues but never have been able to fix the underlying issue. As I recall it was suggested I contact Microsoft regarding Windows IE.

-       The config box on PF indicates I have IE ver 11 and emulation 11.

-       I use MS Edge browser that comes with Win10 but do have Internet Explorer v20h2 installed on my PC. I also use the Firefox browser.

I would really like to finally get this problem fixed. It a small nuisance to me in an otherwise fabulous suite of programs, that makes my Ham Radio life much easier.
73 Paul w2eck

[...]

+ Every symptom you report above points to either interference from another application (like anti-malware) or a problem in Windows.

+ If you enable "log debugging info" in both Pathfinder and DXKeeper, wait til a failure occurs, attach both errorlog.txt files to an email message that describes the callsign in question and the failure, and then send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ I'll examine them, but I am not optimistic given that no one else has reported this behavior.

w2eck

Dave - I did reply as requested to your ambersoft address on Oct 15 and again on the Oct 20th. I can send again if never received.

73 Paul w2eck

Dave - I did reply as requested to your ambersoft address on Oct 15 and again on the Oct 20th. I can send again if never received.

+ I have not received any direct email from your this month, Paul. Please try again via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

w2eck

Dave - I sent again this morning using a different email client this morning, to aa6yq@...

73 & tnx
Paul w2eck

Dave AA6YQ

Dave - I sent again this morning using a different email client this morning, to aa6yq@ambersoft.com

+ I have received no email messages from you, Paul. I did receive email from several other DXLab users...