DXKeeper - myQTH Email field

VK2ZRO

Greetings,

I am just setting up DXKeeper et al and have a problem with entering my email address.

For the ‘myQTH’ tab’s ‘Email’ field, there is a 32-character limit set.

My amateur radio email address is based on my callsign and the domain I own – this results in a 33-character string.

Is there any workaround for this issue -apart from me creating a special email alias to suit DXKeeper?

73,

Peter

____________________

Peter Schmelitschek

VK2ZRO

vk2zro@...

(M) 0411 251 681

https://dreamwoodinternational.com

Peter

____________________

Peter Schmelitschek

VK2ZRO

vk2zro at dreamwoodinternational.com

https://dreamwoodinternational.com

I am just setting up DXKeeper et al and have a problem with entering my email address.

For the 'myQTH' tab's 'Email' field, there is a 32-character limit set.

My amateur radio email address is based on my callsign and the domain I own - this results in a 33-character string.

Is there any workaround for this issue -apart from me creating a special email alias to suit DXKeeper?

+ How many myQTHs have you defined?

VK2ZRO

This is my first attempt.

73,
Peter
____________________
Peter Schmelitschek
VK2ZRO
peter@...
(M) 0411 251 681

+ AA6YQ comments below

vk2zro at dreamwoodinternational.com

https://dreamwoodinternational.com

This is my first attempt.

+ The purpose of "Email" and many other items defined in each "my QTH" is to be able to automatically print the correct information
on a QSL card or label as a function of the QSO's "my QTH ID" using a QSL substitution command like <email>:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSL%20Substitution%20Commands

+ Unless you need to print a different email address on your outgoing cards or labels as a function of the location from which you
made the QSO, there is no need to use the <email> substitution command to do so. Instead, include your email address in the
information printed on outgoing QSL cards or labels; when you do this, the only length limitation is available space on the card or
label.

VK2ZRO

Thanks Dave.
I now understand the reason for the 32 character limit in that particular field.
73,
Peter
Peter Schmelitschek
VK2ZRO