Topics

DXKeeper Maidenhead Reports grid search is inaccurate.

Jeff Krenz

I have been checking on my confirmed grids by bands lately and found that when I search my log for just one band, I see its filtered QSO's show (example) 262 QSO's on 60 meters. Then I click on Check Progress tab and then click Grids button in Maidenhead reports. In this case (60 meters) it showed 190 confirmed grids. My paper log showed 194 confirmed grids. So I found in my paper log the 4 grids that were missing in the Maidenhead reports list. I went back to the DXKeeper 60 meter filtered log (still showing 262 QSO's on 60m) and found that those 4 grids were in the list as confirmed! I reran the Maidenhead report and now it shows all 194 confirmed! This is happening on each band I search on. Is this a known bug? I am on the latest update. Thanks, Jeff K4LGĀ

Dave AA6YQ

I have been checking on my confirmed grids by bands lately and found that when I search my log for just one band, I see its filtered QSO's show (example) 262 QSO's on 60 meters. Then I click on Check Progress tab and then click Grids button in Maidenhead reports. In this case (60 meters) it showed 190 confirmed grids. My paper log showed 194 confirmed grids. So I found in my paper log the 4 grids that were missing in the Maidenhead reports list. I went back to the DXKeeper 60 meter filtered log (still showing 262 QSO's on 60m) and found that those 4 grids were in the list as confirmed! I reran the Maidenhead report and now it shows all 194 confirmed! This is happening on each band I search on. Is this a known bug?

+ There are two reported but uncorrected defects in DXKeeper:

1. with an expanded log page display row height, right-clicking does not select the correct log page display entry

2. a regression that prevents acceptance of QSO begin/end times without time separation characters

+ (both are corrected in the next version of DXKeeper, as confirmed by their submitters).

+ So that I can see what's going on, please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the zip archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com