Topics

DXKeeper, I do have a question

Komkit Listisard

On the main log QSOs.  I have question on 2 of the fields.  One labeled RX Freq in the QSO block and the other labeled ADDR in the QSL block.

Where did the DXKeeper get the information from and how?

I am asking because this morning I downloaded GridTracker and instructed GT to send the logging from JTDX to DXKeeper via GT.  Everything seem to be okay except those two fields did not get fill properly (blank).  For RX freq I will have to manually type it in and for ADDR, I will just hit EDIT and hit the CBA and save.

Prior I was using JTALERT sending logging information to DXKeeper, everything got filled properly.

With GT, those two were blank.  I am wondering what did I miss.  I setup the look up in GT so that was not it, I am thinking GT did not send those that were missing to DXKeeper.  That is why I am curious on how / where DXKeeper got those information from.

Thank you kindly,

On the main log QSOs. I have question on 2 of the fields. One labeled RX Freq in the QSO block and the other labeled ADDR in the QSL block.

Where did the DXKeeper get the information from and how?

+ Since you were logging QSOs from JT-Alert, the information in both items came from JT-Alert.

I am asking because this morning I downloaded GridTracker and instructed GT to send the logging from JTDX to DXKeeper via GT. Everything seem to be okay except those two fields did not get fill properly (blank). For RX freq I will have to manually type it in and for ADDR, I will just hit EDIT and hit the CBA and save.

Prior I was using JTALERT sending logging information to DXKeeper, everything got filled properly.

With GT, those two were blank. I am wondering what did I miss. I setup the look up in GT so that was not it, I am thinking GT did not send those that were missing to DXKeeper. That is why I am curious on how / where DXKeeper got those information from.

+ I'm not aware of any interoperation between GridTracker and DXLab.

+ Note that DXLab can plot logged QSOs on DXView's native world map, Google Earth, and the DX Atlas world map; worked and confirmed grid squares can be plotted on the DX Atlas world map.

Komkit Listisard

Dave,

Yesterday I was trying DXaview as you have suggested. But I don't think I set it up properly or even understand the program.

I was looking on YouTube and hope to find some "DXView how to" but came up empty.

For example. I made a QSO with xx1xx in Japan. I see a blue dot showing up in Japan. All good.  Then next QSO I made was with yy1yy in England. I see the blue dot moved from Japan to England.

Basically no matter how many QSO I made and logged in DXKEEPER I will be only me (black dot) and one blue dot.

I think I have no idea what I am doing with DXView

Yesterday I was trying DXaview as you have suggested. But I don't think I set it up properly or even understand the program.

I was looking on YouTube and hope to find some "DXView how to" but came up empty.

+ Start here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

For example. I made a QSO with xx1xx in Japan. I see a blue dot showing up in Japan. All good. Then next QSO I made was with yy1yy in England. I see the blue dot moved from Japan to England.

Basically no matter how many QSO I made and logged in DXKEEPER I will be only me (black dot) and one blue dot.

+ That's correct. There are explicit steps one must take identify a set of QSO partners whose locations you want plotted on a world map. For example,

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOPlotting>

+ I suggest that you follow the "Getting Started with DXLab" article's recommendations for how to familiarize yourself with a DXLab application like DXView. If you have questions as you review this material, don't hesitate to post them here.