Topics

DXkeeper - Gateway - not working/problem? - SOLVED

Peter Kr├╝ger

We found a bug in the GW Software and Dave will release a new version soon.

I installed everything on a new PC and found, that everything is now working as it should.

WHY I cannot insert any QSO on my main HamRadioPC into DXKeeper Database is now my problem, I do not know, what I have to change - I will install DXLabsuite totally new - hopefully that will solve my problem.

Greetings - and if you are using N1MM+ - you may use my n1mm_toolbox - see df1lx.darc.de -> I have a gateway function included (n1mm -> DXkeeper)

73 Peter Df1LX

We found a bug in the GW Software and Dave will release a new version soon.

+ There is a defect in N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway version 1.1.9 that prevents the correct logging of frequencies when operating from a geographic locale that doesn't use period as a decimal separator. This is corrected in version 1.2.1, which is available via

<www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/N1MM_DXK_GW121.zip>

+ I'd appreciate a report from anyone who gives this new version a try. Thanks!

I installed everything on a new PC and found, that everything is now working as it should.

WHY I cannot insert any QSO on my main HamRadioPC into DXKeeper Database is now my problem,

+ You mentioned that another networking application is unexpectedly failing on that PC; this is a clue!

I do not know, what I have to change - I will install DXLabsuite totally new - hopefully that will solve my problem.

+ That's unlikely to solve the problem, Peter. Uninstalling and re-installing DXLab applications rarely solves the problem at hand, but can create new problems that are even worse than the original problem. As I reported to you via email, the DXKeeper errorlog shows that it is not receiving a "log QSO" directive from the Gateway, even though the Gateway's errorlog shows that it sent such a directive via TCP. Make sure that your anti-malware considers version 1.2.1 of the Gateway to be safe. Also check your TCP configuration in Windows, and your Windows Event Logs.