DXKeeper DXXCC identifier

Larry Christensen

I noticed I have worked a CT7 station a couple times, DXKeeper assigns the DXCC identifier as LU Argentina not CT Portugal where  Dave is located.
This is the only Portugal station that gets assigned LU.
QRZ shows him in Portugal. any ideas.
Larry NA0F

I noticed I have worked a CT7 station a couple times, DXKeeper assigns the DXCC identifier as LU Argentina not CT Portugal where  Dave is located.
This is the only Portugal station that gets assigned LU.
QRZ shows him in Portugal. any ideas.

+ Two possibilities to check:

1. a logged QSO with that CT7 callsign that specifies Argentina as its DXCC entity

2. an entry for that CT7 callsign on the Override List, accessible via the "Override List" tab of DXView's Configuration window, that specifies Argentina as its DXCC entity.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Check your log for a previous contact with that CT7. One of them
is probably logged as Argentina. Either than or you have an override
that specifies Argentina.

The DXCC database is correct - CT7 returns properly as Portugal.

On 2021-07-09 6:46 PM, Larry Christensen wrote:
I noticed I have worked a CT7 station a couple times, DXKeeper assigns the DXCC identifier as LU Argentina not CT Portugal where  Dave is located.
This is the only Portugal station that gets assigned LU.
QRZ shows him in Portugal. any ideas.
Larry NA0F

Larry Christensen

I had manually corrected the 2 CT7 in the log this afternoon the first was from 6/25  and today 7/9.
I checked my CT* log all were CT or CT3 which is correct.
I also check the DXView's Configuration window there is nothing listed at all.
It's a mystery to me. Now that I charge the 2 CT7 in the log I check with a dummy QSL it cam up as CT as it should.
Maybe gremlins..
Thank for giving me somewhere to look.
Larry NA0F

I had manually corrected the 2 CT7 in the log this afternoon the first was from 6/25  and today 7/9.
I checked my CT* log all were CT or CT3 which is correct.
I also check the DXView's Configuration window there is nothing listed at all.
It's a mystery to me. Now that I charge the 2 CT7 in the log I check with a dummy QSL it cam up as CT as it should.

+ What changes did you make to the two CT7 QSOs in your log?

Larry Christensen

I changed the LU to CT.

Larry Christensen

A thought I had was possibly when I manually logged the first CT7 I accidentally put something wrong in the DXCC field. That would explain the LU for the second entry.

Larry NA0F

A thought I had was possibly when I manually logged the first CT7 I accidentally put something wrong in the DXCC field. That would explain the LU for the second entry.

+ Yes, it would.