Topics

DXKeeper Changing Windows focus

Stewart Wilkinson

I am not sure if this is a Windows or DXLabs 'feature'.

If I have a callsign or part of entered into DXKeeper Capture window and press Ctrl-W to clear the window (which normally takes a second or so to complete) but I immediately change the windows focus to some other app (before DXKeeper has finished what it does, which includes refreshing the list of recent QSO's often at least twice) and start to type something into the other app the Windows focus changes back to DXKeeper and part of what I was trying to type into the other app ends up in the DXKeeper Call box causing me to have to clear the entry and try doing what I really wanted again (but having to wait for DXKeeper to catch-up first).

Similarly if I have typed a call in and press TAB key and then try to change to another app the focus gets changed back to the DXKeeper Capture RST field.

--
Stewart G0LGS

I am not sure if this is a Windows or DXLabs 'feature'.

If I have a callsign or part of entered into DXKeeper Capture window and press Ctrl-W to clear the window (which normally takes a second or so to complete) but I immediately change the windows focus to some other app (before DXKeeper has finished what it does, which includes refreshing the list of recent QSO's often at least twice) and start to type something into the other app the Windows focus changes back to DXKeeper and part of what I was trying to type into the other app ends up in the DXKeeper Call box causing me to have to clear the entry and try doing what I really wanted again (but having to wait for DXKeeper to catch-up first).

Similarly if I have typed a call in and press TAB key and then try to change to another app the focus gets changed back to the DXKeeper Capture RST field.

+ Has this been the case since you first began using DXKeeper, or did this behavior begin more recently? If the latter, when did it start, and what changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

+ Two possibilities come to mind:

1. you have a "keyboard helper" application installed on your system that intercepts "CTRL-W" and responds by inviking some procedure you've specified

2. interference from an anti-malware application

+ To check for the second possibility, reboot Windows into "safe mode with networking", and start DXKeeper. Enter a callsign into the Capture window, strike the Tab key, and then strike CTRL-W. Any difference in speed or behavior?

Stewart Wilkinson

As far as I recall it has always done this - it just became more annoying to me in the last few days.

I am not aware of any "keyboard helper" application installed (I don't recall installing anything since a PC rebuild earlier in the year after a disk fault).

I cannot see what happens in Safe Mode as DXKeeper appears to start off screen (not really a surpise as I normally have dual screens at much higher resolution than the single screen appears in Safe Mode).

--
Stewart G0LGS

As far as I recall it has always done this - it just became more annoying to me in the last few days.

I am not aware of any "keyboard helper" application installed (I don't recall installing anything since a PC rebuild earlier in the year after a disk fault).

I cannot see what happens in Safe Mode as DXKeeper appears to start off screen (not really a surpise as I normally have dual screens at much higher resolution than the single screen appears in Safe Mode).

+ To overcome that,

1. reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking"

2. start the Launcher

3. start DXKeeper

4. at the bottom of the Launcher's Configuration window, click the Reset button; DXKeeper will display its window(s) on the primary monitor.