Topics

DXKeeper Auxiliary Panel (mis)behaviour

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ

Hi Dave

I have noticed that for some reason DXKeeper’s Auxiliary panel keeps opening when a new contact is entered – despite having explicitly excluded this panel in the Config setup. What is puzzling is that there is no blue flashing field – in fact there is nothing in the Auxiliary panel at all!!

I only have 3 additional panels ticked – QSL, Online QSL and Awards.  Set side-by-side, this allows for a neat fit. When the Auxiliary panel activates, it pushes the whole display down. This then obscures the application windows below it.

My question is : how do I stop the auxiliary panel from opening at all??

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ

KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa

EPC#0558 DMC#1690  30MDG#4081

DXCC HONOR ROLL (332/340)

website : www.zs2ez.co.za

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 01:22 AM, Barry Murrell ZS2EZ wrote:

I have noticed that for some reason DXKeeper’s Auxiliary panel keeps opening when a new contact is entered – despite having explicitly excluded this panel in the Config setup. What is puzzling is that there is no blue flashing field – in fact there is nothing in the Auxiliary panel at all!!

I only have 3 additional panels ticked – QSL, Online QSL and Awards.  Set side-by-side, this allows for a neat fit. When the Auxiliary panel activates, it pushes the whole display down. This then obscures the application windows below it.

My question is : how do I stop the auxiliary panel from opening at all??

+ So that I can see what's going on, Barry, please do the following:

1. Close the Auxiliary panel

2. On the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box
3. Terminate DXKeeper
4. Start DXKeeper
5. When the Auxiliary panel next spontaneously opens,

5a. On the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

5b. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dale Schwartz

I have the same exact issue.
       Dale/K4ROZ

Dale M. Schwartz

SCHWARTZ | POSEL

Immigration Law Group

Suite 450 RiverEdge One

5500 Interstate North Pkwy., NW

Atlanta, GA 30328

Tel:   770 951-1100

Fax: 770 951-1113
www.immlawfirm.com

   PAST PRESIDENT: AMERICAN
IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASS'N
  ADJUNCT PROFESSOR: EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (1989-2014)

On Jul 12, 2020, at 5:10 AM, Dave AA6YQ via groups.io <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following: