DXKeeper auto populate

Joe - W9RF

When clicking on a call from Spotcollector or entering a callsign on the main DXKeeper page (new call) the previous qso info is automatically populated in DXKeeper.

This is very problematic when the previous call may have been worked several years in the past.

Even more problematic is entering a special event call, 1X1 calls are very often populated with the incorrect info.

The only way I have found to stop this is the general tab of DXKeeper config, (display previous QSO's on lookup)  but if I uncheck this it will not show any previous qso's.

I need to show the previous qso but NOT to populate the new qso with old info.

73,

W9RF - Joe

When clicking on a call from Spotcollector or entering a callsign on the main DXKeeper page (new call) the previous qso info is automatically populated in DXKeeper.

This is very problematic when the previous call may have been worked several years in the past.

Even more problematic is entering a special event call, 1X1 calls are very often populated with the incorrect info.

The only way I have found to stop this is the general tab of DXKeeper config, (display previous QSO's on lookup) but if I uncheck this it will not show any previous qso's.

I need to show the previous qso but NOT to populate the new qso with old info.

+ I can extend DXKeeper so that when you double-click a Spot Database Entry with DXKeeper's "Display previous QSOs on Lookup" option disabled, the callsign will still be placed in DXKeeper's Filter panel; you can then review previous QSOs with the Entry's Callsign by clicking DXKeeper's Filter panel's Call button - without information from previous QSOs being used to populate the Capture window.

+ Acceptable?

Joe - W9RF

Hi Dave,

Well that would be better than what's happening now.

Your suggestion sounds like a reasonable solution.

I thought there was a setting that allowed DXKeeper to be populated with previous qso info or not to be populated but still show previous qso info.

Since I do not subscribe to any callbooks and have primary call book set to none is that why it is auto populating?

Would subscribing to one of the callbooks and clicking the "automatically use callbook data to initialize new QSO's" eliminate my problem?

ie. NOT use old qso info but instead use data found as a new lookup?

73,

W9RF - Joe

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 11:48:03 PM CST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ I've sent a you a version of DXKeeper. In this version, when double-clicking a Spot Database Entry in SpotCollector sends a NewEntry directive to DXKeeper with SpotCollector's "Log Filter" option set to "Call" and DXKeeper's "Display previous QSOs on Lookup" option  disabled, DXKeeper's Filter panel textbox is set to the Spot Database Entry's callsign - making it possible to quickly display previous QSOs with that callsign by clicking the Filter panel's Call button - which won't extract information from those previous QSOs and use it to populate the Capture window.

+ Please let me know how it goes...