DXKeeper 16.6.6 is available

Dave AA6YQ

Before installing or upgrading to DXKeeper 16.6.6,

if you are using Window Defender Antivirus on Windows 10 or Windows 11, update it to its latest malware definition in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

This version

- Correctly parses optional parameters associated with the External Log directive (tnx to Tim K1BR and Joe W4TV)

- provides a Report button on the Main window's "My QTHs" tab that generates a myQTH report that shows the number and percentage of
total QSOs made from each myQTH (requester lost in the mists of time)

- updates the MultipleQTHs.htm documentation file

Notes:

1. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of DXKeeper to be "safe"

a. JOTTI virus scan: 0 of 15 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

b. VirusTotal: 0 of 67 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

c. submitted to Microsoft for analysis by Windows Defender: no malware detected in this version's executable

2. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking

3. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of SpotCollector, see

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion

DXKeeper 16.6.6 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm

Peter Laws / N5UWY

So ... See the New Apps message on launcher, click it, DXKeeper gets
upgraded. But when I start my workspace Launcher complains that I
haven't upgraded DXKeeper, that the current version is "blank" but the
new version, in red, is 16.6.6.

I am quite certain that I closed the config window after upgrading, as
I have done *hundreds* of times, and that it popped back up its own.
Regardless, I am afraid to either try to run DXKeeper or click Upgrade
again (since it claims it is not installed).

In c:/apps/DXLab/DXKeeper, I see what I expect to see, and
DXKeeper.exe has the same timestamp and file size as DXKeeper1666.exe.

I checked for the DB file and it appears OK (though, once again, it's
backing up locally and not to my Dropbox, but I'm ignoring that for
now).

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 12:17 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

[...]

Joe Subich, W4TV

Check the *PATH* to DXKeeper in DXLab Launcher and confirm it is
what/where you think it is.

If the current version is blank, DXLab Launcher does not see
*exactly* the path and exe file specified in the "Program Path"
box.

If the "Avail" is in red, the file in the "Program Path" is not
the "Available" (most recent) version.

On 2022-07-01 11:42 AM, Peter Laws / N5UWY wrote:
[...]

Wayne Heinen

Interesting, no issues here

73 Wayne N0POH

[...]

+ What is the exact text of the complaint?

that the current version is "blank" but the
new version, in red, is 16.6.6.

+ On the "DXLab Apps" of the Launcher's Configuration window,

- what is specified in DXKeeper's "Program Path"?

- what is specified in DXKeeper's "Installed" version?

- what is specified in DXKeeper's "Available" version?

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 11:02 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

- what is specified in DXKeeper's "Program Path"?
I have a LOT of windows on my screens. At some point, while
DXKeeper's config dialog was on the screen, it had focus and what I
typed when there, scrambling the path.

All fixed now. When fellow League life member and IRCA member Wayne
said he'd had no issues, I knew I needed to angle the blame mirror a
little differently. :-)

Thanks for requesting methodical data collection as that lead me right
to the (my) error!

Now, off to run up my 50-MHz grid totals ... 250 is within sight.

Alan N5NA

- provides a Report button on the Main window's "My QTHs" tab that generates a myQTH report that shows the number and percentage of
total QSOs made from each myQTH (requester lost in the mists of time)
Thanks for the MyQTH report button!  Would it be possible to add a box letting you know the report is being created with an abort button and progress bar?  I have 99000 QSOs and 311 MyQTHs and it takes about 63 seconds to prepare the report.  The first time I ran it I didn't think it was working and pressed the report button a couple of times which produced a box saying the report couldn't be created.  Finally the report came up.

A box letting me know the report is being created would be really helpful.

73, Alan N5NA

Thanks for the MyQTH report button! Would it be possible to add a box letting you know the report is being created with an abort
button and progress bar? I have 99000 QSOs and 311 MyQTHs and it takes about 63 seconds to prepare the report. The first time I
ran it I didn't think it was working and pressed the report button a couple of times which produced a box saying the report couldn't
be created. Finally the report came up.

A box letting me know the report is being created would be really helpful.

73, Alan N5NA

+ That's a defect. In the next version of DXKeeper, the mouse cursor changes to a spinning wheel to indicate that the Report is
being generated, and you won't be able to re-invoke the Report while it's running. Thanks!