Topics

DXKeeper 15.9.9 is available

Dave AA6YQ

If you are using Window Defender Antivirus (Windows 10), update it to its latest malware definition in

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions>

before installing or upgrading to DXKeeper 15.9.9.

This version

- with an expanded Log Page Display row height, selects the correct Log Page Display Entry when the user right-clicks in that Entry
(tnx to Mark N1UK)

- corrects a regression introduced in DXKeeper 15.9.6 that prevents acceptance of times without time separation characters (tnx to
Jerry K7UPJ, Tom W1TJL, and Jim W9FI)

- adds a "Set Select to Y" option to the Log Page Display's right-mouse popup menu, making it easier to select individual QSOs

- updates the ViewEditLog.htm documentation file

Notes:

1. See the "Selecting an Individually-Chosen Set of QSOs" section at the bottom of "Filtering QSOs" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOFiltering

for step-by-step instructions updated to exploit the new "Set Select to Y" option in the Log Page Display's right-mouse popup menu

2. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of DXKeeper to be "safe"

a. JOTTI virus scan: 0 of 15 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

b. VirusTotal: 0 of 70 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

c. submitted to Microsoft for analysis by Windows Defender: no malware detected in this version's executable

3. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

4. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of DXKeeper, see
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

DXKeeper 15.9.9 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm

Duncan Campbell

Hi Dave:
After the upgrade, I am new getting an error message "Invalid Filter expression: call="XX9ET".  Might be a something with Note #1 above.

Also all items in My QTHs are now blank (I no longer have any QTH information), and my log is showing everything going back to 1998, which was four moves ago.  I will follow the "If upgrade does not work section" to see if the QTH information comes back.

As always, A great product - A happy user since 2001 (20 Years!)

73 de Duncan

Duncan Campbell

Update:  I went to last night's backup file and the QTH information still not showing.  I opened the access database using and the QTH Table is present and has the QTH information correct.

73 de duncan

Duncan Campbell

Update #2:  Reverted back to 15.9.6 and QTHs are back to normal.

Thank you Dave.
73 de duncan

After the upgrade, I am new getting an error message "Invalid Filter expression: call="XX9ET". Might be a something with Note #1 above.

+ The first entry in the errorlog you sent me is

"The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Users\KF6ILA.DESKTOP-4MIV10R\Documents\DXKeeper\Databases\KF6ILA.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

+ That means DXKeeper cannot open your log file because another application -- another instance of DXKeeper, probably -- has your log file exclusively opened for modification.

+ Please reboot Windows and then start DXKeeper 15.9.9; any change in behavior?