Topics

DXKeeper 15.6.6 is available

Dave AA6YQ

This release

- with the "Deduce missing items..." option enabled on the Main window's "Import QSOs" tab, when importing a VE2 QSO that specifies
a grid square but doesn't specify a CQ zone, correctly determines the CQ zone (tnx to Rich VE3KI)

- ignores confirmed satellite QSOs when reporting changes in DXCC award progress in the after-action report generated by "Sync LoTW
QSLs" and "Update from LoTW" (tnx to Dave N9FN)

- correctly processes an LoTW confirmation that specifies more than one grid square (tnx to Iain N6ML)

- extends the Duplicate filter to clear the Select item in all logged QSOs before checking for duplicates among the QSOs in the Log
Page Display

- when the "Sync LoTW QSO" or "Sync LoTW QSL" functions are initiated with the Log Page Display filtered, offers a Cancel option in
the "do you want the filtering removed?" dialog (tnx to Steve K8JQ)

- improves the after-action report generated by the "Update from LoTW" function

- provides a Units panel on its "QSL Configuration" window's Envelopes tab so that you can specify envelope dimensions in
millimeters as well as inches (tnx to Knut LA9RY)

- when generating an IOTA submission, chooses an LoTW-confirmed QSO whose QSO partner submitted IOTA designator matches the IOTA
designator in your logged QSO in preference to an LoTW-confirmed QSO that lacks the IOTA designator match

- provides an EntityCount.txt script that shows the number of logged QSOs with each DXCC entity prefix (tnx to Rich K1HTV)

- updates the FilterLog.htm, Items.htm, Progress.htm, QSL.htm, and QSLConfiguration.htm documentation files

Notes:

1. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of DXKeeper to be "safe"

a. JOTTI virus scan: 0 of 15 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

b. VirusTotal: 0 of 73 scanners detected malware in this version's executable

c. submitted to Microsoft for analysis by Windows Defender: no malware detected in this version's executable

2. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

3. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of DXKeeper, see
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

DXKeeper 15.6.6 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm

Jim Denneny

Hi Dave.  I am missing the old bottom line in DXK with fillters. LOTW, etc, etc.  I am currently running FT8 logging via JTAlert to DXK. DXK sends it to LOTW.  DXK shows the Q as U. I do not see how I get display out of LOTW. to display all Q'sI must have done something wrong

73, Jim K7EG

Hi Dave. I am missing the old bottom line in DXK with fillters. LOTW, etc, etc.

+ Are you reporting that the Filter panel at the bottom of DXKeeper's Main window is missing? If so, please make a screen shot showing DXKeeper's Main window, attach the screen shot to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

I am currently running FT8 logging via JTAlert to DXK. DXK sends it to LOTW. DXK shows the Q as U.

+ Assuming that you're referring to the QSO's "LoTW QSL Rcvd" item, that is correct: a 'U' means "uploaded to LoTW, but not yet accepted".

I do not see how I get display out of LOTW. to display all Q'sI must have done something wrong

+ What does "get display out of LoTW" mean? If you're asking how to view accepted QSOs in LoTW, step-by-step instructions are here:

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/view-accepted-qsos/>

+ If you're asking how to update your logged QSO to reflect acceptance by LoTW, do the following on the Main window's QSL tab:

1. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2. click the "Sync LoTW QSOs" button

+ Note that depending upon the length of LoTW's processing queue, it can take a few minutes (and sometimes longer) for LoTW to accept your QSO after you upload it.

Jacob Derenne

I also had a few issues with the bottom of log window being cutoff from the taskbar setting which was changed with win 10 update and

Had to hide the ask bar, which I usually do or re-size the dxkeeper window

Has a side note I was also not able to backup my log file until I compacted it and then backup was achieved and auto backup when

Shutting dxkeeper down worked as it should also. I did not know it had to be compacted and reopen for the program not to have a error file

All is  ok now

Jake – W9BLI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

+ Compaction is not a pre-requisite for backup or for anything else; it reclaims space lost when a significant number of logged QSOs are deleted. Please attach the "error file" to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com