Topics

DXK Realtime Tracking - Possible Defect

Jon KM8V

When trying to select options in the drop-down menus in the DXKeeper Realtime Award Progress, WAS tab, it seems I am unable to select for example, 80m and Digital.

If I select 80m, it sets mode to Mixed.

If I then try to select mode to Digital, it sets Band to ANY.

And so on..

73 de KM8V

When trying to select options in the drop-down menus in the DXKeeper Realtime Award Progress, WAS tab, it seems I am unable to select for example, 80m and Digital.

If I select 80m, it sets mode to Mixed.

If I then try to select mode to Digital, it sets Band to ANY.

+ That's correct behavior. See rule #9 in

<http://www.arrl.org/was>

Jon KM8V

Thanks, Dave.

While I see that there are not separate awards for individual bands, it would still be nice to be able to look at my progress in the software per-band, regardless of what the award is.

I'd make the same argument for 60m, even if there is no award.

Is there some other way I should accomplish this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

ND9G Mike

You can filter your log page display to display the QSOs you want to consider. Then use the check progress report. It will ask if you want to remove the filter, say no.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 7:12 PM Jon KM8V <jon@...> wrote:
Thanks, Dave.

While I see that there are not separate awards for individual bands, it would still be nice to be able to look at my progress in the software per-band, regardless of what the award is.

I'd make the same argument for 60m, even if there is no award.

Is there some other way I should accomplish this?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

While I see that there are not separate awards for individual bands, it would still be nice to be able to look at my progress in the software per-band, regardless of what the award is.

+ There are WAS awards for working all states on a specific band, and there are WAS awards for working all states in a specific mode. There are no WAS awards for working all states on a specific band in a specific mode.

+ Development priority goes to supporting the awards as they are defined.

I'd make the same argument for 60m, even if there is no award.

+ 60m QSOs are not accepted for ARRL awards because the band is too small for DXing. I agree with their rationale, and so don't plan to introduce capabilities to DXLab that would encourage DXing on 60m.

Is there some other way I should accomplish this?

+ Yes, by using a 2-line script like this one to invoke the US_States progress report:

filter (band='80m') and (mode in ('RTTY','PSK31','FT4','FT8'))
Report US_States <ReportsFolder>US-States 80m Digi <date>.txt

+ You can choose the specific digital modes of interest. You can also append additional Filter-and-Report lines to generate progress reports for other band-mode combinations of interest.

+ For more about script functionality, see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Scripts.htm>

Somehow the 2 script lines were conjoined in my message below. Here they are in properly-separated form:

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 06:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

I see that there are not separate awards for individual bands

+ Actually, the WAS award offers "by mode" endorsements for each band, and "by band" endorsements for each mode. Furthermore, endorsements are available for *many* digital modes, as documented in

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/was-award-credit/>

+ Providing realtime award tracking support for WAS endorsements will likely be the next major project after the new "replace PSK with any digital mode family for realtime DXCC award tracking" functionality is publicly released. I'm thinking that this subset of digital modes will be trackable in realtime for WAS endorsements: FT4, FT8, JT9, JT65, RTTY, PSK31, and PSK63.

Salvatore Besso

hello Dave,

may I respectfully ask to add one or more digital rows customizable by
the user in addition to the existing one that you are currently
modifying to "replace PSK with any digital mode"?

Being a RTTY enthusiast, my actual needs would be perfectly satisfied by
the actual existing row that is going to be modified, but maybe other
users could be interested to follow their progresses in more than one
digital mode.

Thank you.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

may I respectfully ask to add one or more digital rows customizable by the user in addition to the existing one that you are currently modifying to "replace PSK with any digital mode"?

+ Providing the ability to enable users to select multiple digital mode families for realtime DXCC award tracking would require considerably more effort, as there would have to be significant changes to user interfaces in DXKeeper and DXView. This "first step" provides the option to replace PSK with one of these digital mode families: CHIP,
DOMINO, FT4, FT8, HELL, JT4, JT65, JT9, MFSK. ISCAT, OLIVIA, PAC, QRA64, or THRB.

Whether and when there will be follow-on steps, e.g. adding more user-specified digital mode families, will depend on interest level from the user community and competition from other development tasks that would deliver more user value.

Being a RTTY enthusiast, my actual needs would be perfectly satisfied by the actual existing row that is going to be modified, but maybe other users could be interested to follow their progresses in more than one digital mode.

+ This "first step" won't enable you to replace PSK with RTTY, as doing so would requires broader changes to the realtime DXCC award tracking mechanism arising from the fact that there's already a RTTY row in the DXCC progress table; this row was originally provided to track RTTY progress exclusively, but years ago was expanded to track what the ARRL now calls the DXCC Digi category.

Salvatore Besso

so let's hope with the "second step"...

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)