Topics

DXK: LotW Sent/Rcvd Status for FT4

Larry Koziel

Some time ago I happened to notice that some QSOs that had been confirmed in LotW did not have that reflected in their status in DXK. I remember manually updated some QSOs, but I didn't really pay much attention to the details. Until now.

When I noticed this again, I began to investigate and found that this seemed to affect FT4 QSOs. When I checked LotW, I found 406 FT4 QSOs of which 304 were confirmed. DXK showed 395 QSOs but only 6 confirmed! I suspect that these 6 QSO records were ones I updated manually, but I'm not sure because I did that months ago and as I said I didn't really pay much attention back then.

I automatically log FT8/4 contacts to DXK via JTAlert and from there upload to LotW. I've found that LotW_QSL_Sent for the contacts LotW is showing as confirmed is "U" and not "Y", and LotW_QSL_Rcvd show as "R". I've looked at my latest LotW_QSOs_ADI.txt and it shows acknowledgment of FT4 QSOs as well as for other modes but LotW_QSL_Sent shows them as "U". Likewise, I checked my latest LotW_QSLs_ADI.txt and found that only the FT4 QSLs did not have LotW_QSL_Rcvd changed from "R" to "Y".

What could be going on here? I haven't attempted to see if this happens for contacts in other modes, so is this specific to FT4? Is there a fix? And how do I go about correcting the status of hundreds of contact?

73,

Larry K8MU

Some time ago I happened to notice that some QSOs that had been confirmed in LotW did not have that reflected in their status in DXK. I remember manually updated some QSOs, but I didn't really pay much attention to the details. Until now.

When I noticed this again, I began to investigate and found that this seemed to affect FT4 QSOs. When I checked LotW, I found 406 FT4 QSOs of which 304 were confirmed. DXK showed 395 QSOs but only 6 confirmed! I suspect that these 6 QSO records were ones I updated manually, but I'm not sure because I did that months ago and as I said I didn't really pay much attention back then.

I automatically log FT8/4 contacts to DXK via JTAlert and from there upload to LotW. I've found that LotW_QSL_Sent for the contacts LotW is showing as confirmed is "U" and not "Y", and LotW_QSL_Rcvd show as "R".

+ That means the QSOs were submitted to LoTW, but never updated to reflect acceptance by LoTW.

I've looked at my latest LotW_QSOs_ADI.txt and it shows acknowledgment of FT4 QSOs as well as for other modes but LotW_QSL_Sent shows them as "U". Likewise, I checked my latest LotW_QSLs_ADI.txt and found that only the FT4 QSLs did not have LotW_QSL_Rcvd changed from "R" to "Y".

What could be going on here? I haven't attempted to see if this happens for contacts in other modes, so is this specific to FT4? Is there a fix? And how do I go about correcting the status of hundreds of contact?

+ As a first diagnostic step, right click the Log Page Display entry for one of the FT4 QSOs whose "LoTW QSL Sent" item is set to 'U', and select "Update from LoTW" from the pop-up menu. What happens?

Larry Koziel

This is what I got  back in LotW_UpdateSingle_ADI.txt:

ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report

Generated at 2020-10-21 21:05:31

for k8mu

Query:

        CALL: JA6FIO

     OWNCALL: K8MU

        BAND: 20M

    QSL ONLY: NO

   QSO SINCE: 2020-10-14 22:00:00

   QSO UNTIL: 2020-10-14 22:00:00

QSO RX SINCE:  (empty)

<PROGRAMID:4>LoTW

<APP_LoTW_LASTQSORX:19>2020-10-15 00:22:03

<APP_LoTW_NUMREC:1>1

<eoh>

<APP_LoTW_OWNCALL:4>K8MU

<STATION_CALLSIGN:4>K8MU

<CALL:6>JA6FIO

<BAND:3>20M

<FREQ:8>14.08224

<MODE:4>MFSK

<SUBMODE:3>FT4

<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:4>DATA

<QSO_DATE:8>20201014

<APP_LoTW_RXQSO:19>2020-10-15 00:22:03 // QSO record inserted/modified at LoTW

<TIME_ON:6>220000

<APP_LoTW_QSO_TIMESTAMP:20>2020-10-14T22:00:00Z // QSO Date & Time; ISO-8601

<QSL_RCVD:1>Y

<QSLRDATE:8>20201019

<APP_LoTW_RXQSL:19>2020-10-19 00:49:13 // QSL record matched/modified at LoTW

<DXCC:3>339

<COUNTRY:5>JAPAN

<APP_LoTW_DXCC_ENTITY_STATUS:7>Current

<PFX:3>JA6

<APP_LoTW_2xQSL:1>Y

<IOTA:6>AS-077

<GRIDSQUARE:6>QN13KF

<STATE:2>40 // Fukuoka-ken

<CNTY:4>4001 // Fukuoka-shi

<CQZ:2>25

<ITUZ:2>45

<eor>

<APP_LoTW_EOF>

Still no change in LotW_QSL_Sent (U) or LotW_QSL_Rcvd (R).

73,

Larry K8MU

Dave AA6YQ

Thanks for the report below.

In the Filter panel textbox at the bottom of the Main window's Log QSOs tab, please type

JA6FIO

into the Filter panel's textbox, and then click the Filter panel's Call button.

How many QSOs with JA6FIO on 2020-10-14 at 22:00:00 are shown in the Log Page Display?

[...]

just the one.

Larry K8MU

just the one.

+ OK. Please place your log file (pathname is specified in the Log panel at the top of the Configuration window's Log tab) in a zip archive, and attach the zip archive to an email message, along with the LotW_UpdateSingle_ADI.txt file. Then send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

The root cause of the behavior reported below: Larry was running DXKeeper 14.7.9, which was publicly released in December 2018 before DXKeeper provided support for FT4.

The fix? Upgrade to the current version of DXKeeper.