DXK Capture Window - Data Missing

John Samuels K2CIB

Gee, I was excited to see that I could select the fields I needed in the capture window.  But, I was very disappointed when I found out I can't put in the date and time.  I use a voice recorder to log my mobile contacts and then have to enter them into DXKeeper.  To use the entire DXKeeper panel is cumbersome at best.  Now I have to manually change the date and time for each QSO I enter, since it always defaults to today and the current time.
I know, Dave, you can't please everyone...  Maybe on the next go-around?

Gee, I was excited to see that I could select the fields I needed in the capture window. But, I was very disappointed when I found out I can't put in the date and time. I use a voice recorder to log my mobile contacts and then have to enter them into DXKeeper. To use the entire DXKeeper panel is cumbersome at best. Now I have to manually change the date and time for each QSO I enter, since it always defaults to today and the current time.

+ The Capture window was introduced ~20 years ago to make it easy to enter QSOs in real time; it was not designed to enter already-completed QSOs from a voice recorder or a paper logbook, and will not be extended to do so.

+ To enter "already completed" QSOs from such sources, see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/LogCompletedMain.htm

+ Learn the keyboard shortcuts documented in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/KeyboardShortcuts.htm#Main%20window%20shortcuts

+ and you will be able to rapidly enter QSOs from your voice recorder.

I know, Dave, you can't please everyone... Maybe on the next go-around?

+ I suggest that you read the first paragraph of the "Reference Documentation" section of "Getting Started with DXLab" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/LogCompletedMain.htm

In the last section of the message below, I meant to say

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted