Topics

DXCommander "factory reset"

Is there a way to kind of reset just DX Commander?  It was playing nice with WSJT and my ICOM 7300 for several days, and suddenly this morning the Waterfall function freezes whenever I change bands, and it keeps going to USB when Transmitting and back to USB-D for Receiving.  Tried restarting computer, radio, checking settings in WJST and DX Commander nothing seems to get it to quit, and it won't QSO incoming CQ answers for one reason or another.  Radio is factory reset and set back up again.  WJST settings verified.  How can I get DX Commander to "fresh"?

Any suggestions?

Evan L. Sippert
KS1PPY

Is there a way to kind of reset just DX Commander?  It was playing nice with WSJT and my ICOM 7300 for several days, and suddenly this morning the Waterfall function freezes whenever I change bands, and it keeps going to USB when Transmitting and back to USB-D for Receiving.  Tried restarting computer, radio, checking settings in WJST and DX Commander nothing seems to get it to quit, and it won't QSO incoming CQ answers for one reason or another.  Radio is factory reset and set back up again.  WJST settings verified.  How can I get DX Commander to "fresh"?

+ There is no "factory reset" in Commander because there are no "factory settings'. Neither are their settings that could cause the behavior you report above.

+Is there an errorlog.txt file in your Commander folder? If so, please attach it to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Mike Flowers

Try TX into a dummy load or reduce RF output power to zero to see if this behavior is related to RFI.

Is there a way to kind of reset just DX Commander?  It was playing nice with WSJT and my ICOM 7300 for several days, and suddenly this morning the Waterfall function freezes whenever I change bands, and it keeps going to USB when Transmitting and back to USB-D for Receiving.  Tried restarting computer, radio, checking settings in WJST and DX Commander nothing seems to get it to quit, and it won't QSO incoming CQ answers for one reason or another.  Radio is factory reset and set back up again.  WJST settings verified.  How can I get DX Commander to "fresh"?

Any suggestions?

Evan L. Sippert
KS1PPY

rcktscientist64

If you saved a workspace while the system is working as Dave has recommended repeatedly, you could just reload the workspace.

Bruce McLain - K5WBM
bruce.mclain@...