Topics

DXCC Paper Need List

Daniel Violette

With my previous logging software I could print a CSV file with my DXCC statistics by band.  I could then use a VBA macro to format it into one page for my use away from the logger (at club station, at my work desk monitoring cluster, give to someone else, etc.).  All I can find with DXLabs is a text file that is created where the DXCC section uses spaces which do not paste into Excel (or Word) well at all and printing as is takes many pages.  Anyone have a method to get the DXCC stats so they can be easily massaged into a one page report?

Thanks, Dan KI6X

With my previous logging software I could print a CSV file with my DXCC statistics by band. I could then use a VBA macro to format
it into one page for my use away from the logger (at club station, at my work desk monitoring cluster, give to someone else, etc.).
All I can find with DXLabs is a text file that is created where the DXCC section uses spaces which do not paste into Excel (or Word)
well at all and printing as is takes many pages. Anyone have a method to get the DXCC stats so they can be easily massaged into a
one page report?

+ On the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the RAT button above the "Log Page Display" to display DXKeeper's "Realtime Award
Tracking" window.

+ On the "Realtime Award Tracking" window's DXCC tab, click the Summary button near the lower-right corner to display the "DXCC
Summary" window

+ In the "DXCC Summary" window,

1. set the "Award Program" panel to "DXCC (includes deleted)"

2. click the "Generate Reports" panel's Progress button for a one-page DXCC summary in text format

3. click the "Generate Reports" panel's Summary button for a one-page DXCC summary in HTML format

BILL KENNAMER

I don’t think that’s what he wanted. While that gives a summary of totals, what he (and I, being the Luddite that I am) wants is an array of individual entities that  shows what is worked for each band, and mode for each entity, not a summary of how many worked.

You can get the information we want by going to the “Check Progress” tab and clicking “Progress”.

However, what you get word wraps if you try to print it out, making it virtually useless.  There is too much space used between fields. For example, the Deleted column takes up seven spaces where the column itself is only going to have a Y or a blank. Cutting the spacing down to Del cuts four spaces, is equally clear, and would make the printout narrower. In the same way, Mixed could become MX, Phone PH, Digi Dig, and spaces could be saved. There’s a lot of unnecessary space between Digi and PSK as well. Changing the spacing would make it possible to printout in landscape format to keep on the desk or in the briefcase.

Bill

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 7:11 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Thanks Dave for the always quick and thorough replies.

I would like to print out a progress similar to what is shown on the RAT Award Progress top window.  This is like what shows within the Check Progress tab, Progress report except formatted so can manipulate not text spaces used to line everything up.  I want to show each entity and status by band on a row formatted into columns.  I see I wrote one page in my original note.  That is my VUCC page which is one page, multiple columns and next on my list to try to generate.  My DXCC is currently 7 pages since each entity is on one line.  Mainly I have taken a CSV output and formatted out anything above 6M, grayed 6M and 160M, and removed deleted I have not worked, put heading on each page, and then made everything fit a width of a page and as tight rows as reasonable.

Thanks, Dan KI6X

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ You can see that information directly in the DXCC tab of DXKeeper's "Realtime Award Tracking" window, which can quickly be filtered by band, by mode, or by award progress:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Checking%20and%20Analyzing%20DXCC%20Progress>

However, what you get word wraps if you try to print it out, making it virtually useless. There is too much space used between fields. For example, the Deleted column takes up seven spaces where the column itself is only going to have a Y or a blank. Cutting the spacing down to Del cuts four spaces, is equally clear, and would make the printout narrower. In the same way, Mixed could become MX, Phone PH, Digi Dig, and spaces could be saved. There’s a lot of unnecessary space between Digi and PSK as well. Changing the spacing would make it possible to printout in landscape format to keep on the desk or in the briefcase.

+ Directing Windows Notepad to use Consolas 8 point font and to print on 8.5" x 11" paper in landscape orientation produces a readable 10-page printout without word wrapping.

+ If you want full control over formatting, do the following:

1. make a copy of your Log file

2. direct Microsoft Excel to open the Progress table in that copy; never use Excel to open your log file, as you can make changes that render your log file unreadable by DXKeeper!

3. In Excel, you'll see a spreadsheet containing one row for each DXCC entity, and the following columns:

CountryCode: the entity's country code as assigned by the ARRL

Prefix: the "entity prefix" employed by DXLab

Valid: 0 if no a current DXCC entity, -1 if a current DXCC entity

CountryStatus: Mixed DXCC award progress

M160, M80, M40, M30, M20, M15, M12, M10, M6, M2: band-specific DXCC award progress

Phone, CW, RTTY: mode-specific DXCC award progress

user-defined digital mode: DXCC award progress for the mode you specified

4. For the award progress columns identified in step 3, the DXCC award progress values are

V: DXCC credit granted
S: Confirmed, included in the current DXCC submission
F: Confirmed
R: Worked and Requested
W: Worked
empty: Not Worked

5. Format and print the information however you like.

Your log file may also contains these tables if you have "Realtime Award Tracking" enabled for the associated award programs:

IOTAProgress
MarathonProgress
VUCCProgress
WASProgress
WAZProgress
WPXProgress

They are similarly organized, with a row for each "counter" and columns for each relevant band and mode.

I would like to print out a progress similar to what is shown on the RAT "Award Progress" top window. This is like what shows
within the Check Progress tab, "Progress" report except formatted so can manipulate not text spaces used to line everything up. I
want to show each entity and status by band on a row formatted into columns. I see I wrote one page in my original note. That is
my VUCC page which is one page, multiple columns and next on my list to try to generate. My DXCC is currently 7 pages since each
entity is on one line. Mainly I have taken a CSV output and formatted out anything above 6M, grayed 6M and 160M, and removed
deleted I have not worked, put heading on each page, and then made everything fit a width of a page and as tight rows as reasonable.

+ Please see my follow-on response here:

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/194635>

Daniel Violette

And expanding a little on what Bill said.:

Snip--

You can get the information we want by going to the Check Progress tab and clicking Progress.

However, what you get word wraps if you try to print it out, making it virtually useless.

Bill K5FUV

Snip—

And if you change it to a monospaced font so it does line up, you have to shrink it extremely small for portrait mode and don’t have headers on each page nor column lines to follow the lines.  I have examples but do not know if attachments work.  Pasting a snippet from one of my portrait shaped pages below my signature.  I am not hard up on the characters to designate verified, etc. this just happens to be what by previous logging program used.

Dan KI6X