DXAtlas and W11

Chuck, WS1L

I've recently replaced my shack PC and all is going well.  However, DXAtlas installs and gives me the splash screen, then disappears from view and is not showing in Task Manager or on the taskbar.  It seems to just start then terminate.

I have a registration key but cant get it to run so I can enter it.

I uninstalled the default installation into a protected folder and re-installed into C:\DXAtlas, no difference.  Has anyone else seen this or have a fix?

73 de Chuck, WS1L

RIchard Thorne

Chuck,

I had the same problem when I was moving from an old computer to a new computer. When I installed DxAtlas on the new computer I had the same symptoms your having.

I installed DXAtlas on my wifes computer and it would run fine. After exchanging a few emails with Alex, VE3NEA, I determined I was having an issue with the dxatlas config (.ini) file. Alex's suggestions on how to fix it on my computer did not work.

I copied the config file from my wifes computer and copied it into the dxatlas folder on my computer, problem solved. The .ini file is located here %appdata%\Afreet\Products\DxAtlas

That solved the problem and DxAtlas has been running fine ever since.

Hope that helps.

Rich - N5ZC

On 7/4/2022 5:35 AM, Chuck, WS1L wrote:
I've recently replaced my shack PC and all is going well.  However, DXAtlas installs and gives me the splash screen, then disappears from view and is not showing in Task Manager or on the taskbar.  It seems to just start then terminate.
I have a registration key but cant get it to run so I can enter it.
I uninstalled the default installation into a protected folder and re-installed into C:\DXAtlas, no difference.  Has anyone else seen this or have a fix?
73 de Chuck, WS1L
chandlerusm@... <mailto:chandlerusm@...>

Chuck, WS1L

Rich's advice was correct.  I had saved the .ini file but didn't put it in the correct place.  Once I copied it to appdata DXAtlas is working fine.

73 de Chuck, WS1L