DX Keeper not accepting some calls from WSJT nor JT Alert-SOLVED

St. Cuda

System is Win11, DXKeeper 16.3.2, WSJT 2.5, JtAlert 2.5, Windows Runtime 5.0.12

Been working correctly for two days.  First, uninstalled McFee;  Found out that there was an uninstall for McFee by doing a search to get rid of the rest of the stuff.  That helped, but not completely.  For some reason, can not find a newer mouse driver (2006) then what came with 11 late last 2021.  So, running the mouse driver in Win 8 mode.  Same as WSJT and JTAlert.

Finally, went backwards and installed JTAlert 2.16.17, running in Win 8 mode.  BINGO!  It's back working as should be!  I had read that JTAlert 2,5, which I really liked, needed a newer version of Windows Runtime and just could not find anything newer then the 5.0.12, available in HamApps.  If you find a newer version, please let me know.

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/01/2022 1:41 pm, St. Cuda wrote:
needed a newer version of Windows Runtime and just could not find anything newer then the 5.0.12, available in HamApps

The NET 5.0.12 Desktop Runtime is perfectly fine for JTAlert 2.5.x. Earlier versions of the NET 5 Desktop Runtime are acceptable as well. The files linked on HamApps are done because of the large number of users who had trouble with the Microsoft download page and would install the incorrect non-desktop runtime. While HamApps has the 5.0.12 runtime links the latest is 5.0.13.

The links on HamApps will be updated today.

BTW, I am still running 5.0.10 of the desktop runtime with JTAlert 2.50.9 (the latest) without issue on my Ham PC.

de Laurie VK3AMA
(JTAlert developer)

St. Cuda

This is what it took for me to get everything working.   No matter what version of any of the programs, they worked fine on my older Win 8.1.  The trouble started with crappy 11.  As you stated, Runtime 5.0.13 has been updated on HamApps.  I will try that so that I can get back to the preferred JTAlert 2.5!!!  Can not wait for any new version!

Thank you for your reply!!

St. Cuda

Crappy Windows 11 is finally running correctly, all ham programs playing well.  I installed the new Runtime .13 as found on HamApps and JTAlert 2.50.9.  DXLabs and WSJT operation in Win 8 mode ( going to try Win 11 ) with JTAlert in  Win 11 mode.

JTAlert 2.50.9 is great!!!  Thank you for your hard work!