Topics

DX Commander keeps changing the LSB and USB selection to DIGL and DIGU

John Morris

I've been using DXLab for years. Very few issues. Its a great suite of programs.
Over the weekend I was playing with stored memories in Commander and noticed I find I can't chose LSB or USB any longer from Commander. I select it, the choice stays momentarily but then it flips over to the digital version. DIGL and DIGU respectively.
It works fine when changing the mode on my FLEX but now I can't do it from Commander.
I deleted all the memories I had entered, none of which was a digital frequency, but the issue still persists.
AM, CW and FM selector buttons in Commander still work fine.
Anyone else have an issue like this.
Thanks.

John / K7RLD

John / K7RLD

I've been using DXLab for years. Very few issues. Its a great suite of programs.
Over the weekend I was playing with stored memories in Commander and noticed I find I can't chose LSB or USB any longer from Commander. I select it, the choice stays momentarily but then it flips over to the digital version. DIGL and DIGU respectively.
It works fine when changing the mode on my FLEX but now I can't do it from Commander.
I deleted all the memories I had entered, none of which was a digital frequency, but the issue still persists.
AM, CW and FM selector buttons in Commander still work fine.
Anyone else have an issue like this.

+ No one has reported that, and I'm not seeing that behavior with my Flex 6500 running SmartSDR version 3.1.7.138. What version of SmartSDR are you running?

John Morris

GM Dave.
This is a FLEX 3000 running PowerSDR 2.8.0 version 169.
This has worked for me flawlessly for years and no problems. Then this past weekend when I was messing around with the memories in Commander that I noticed I couldn't select USB or LSB in Commander any longer. Whenever I select LSB, for instance, it momentarily fills the circle but then always goes to the DIGL circle. The same thing happens with LSB.
Its not a huge issue because I don't usually change modes via Commander anyway, I do it from the FLEX screen where it works as it should.
Strange . . .

John

´╗┐On 7/6/20, 10:37 PM, "Dave AA6YQ" <DXLab@groups.io on behalf of @AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "log debugging info" box

2. terminate Commander

3. via SmartSDR, set the rig on 14200 in CW

4. start Commander and wait for it to fully initialize

5. via Commander's Main window, change the mode to LSB

6. via Commander's Main window, change the mode to CW

7. via Commander's Main window, change the mode to USB

8. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

9. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

John Morris

Here you go, Dave.

Strange thing is when I brought up Commander, there was no DIGL present. So instead, as you'll see, it went to the CW button when I selected LSB. It went to DIGU when I selected USB.

Hope this helps.

John / K7RLD

On 7/7/2020 2:27 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

* more AA6YQ comments below

Here you go, Dave.

Strange thing is when I brought up Commander, there was no DIGL present.
So instead, as you'll see, it went to the CW button when I selected LSB.
It went to DIGU when I selected USB.

* This group does not convey attachments. Please send your errorlog.txt file to me as requested below.