Topics

Duplicates

Frank G4HBI

Earlier this year I made up a DXKeeper log with all my confirmed USA Counties ( 3050 )

For the want of something better to do I decided I would import them into my present Station Log which I started in 2008

All my US counties date from 1978 to 1988

On importing them, DXKeeper rejected 123 as duplicates, these were actually County Lines and so the same time is recorded for both entries

So I wonder is there a way for DXKeeper to see these County Line entries as two distinct contacts

OR

is there a way to search for duplicate time in my CH Log and I can then change the time of the 'duplicate' by a minute or so then re import

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Frank G4HBI

Earlier this year I made up a DXKeeper log with all my confirmed USA Counties ( 3050 )

For the want of something better to do I decided I would import them into my present Station Log which I started in 2008

All my US counties date from 1978 to 1988

On importing them, DXKeeper rejected 123 as duplicates, these were actually County Lines and so the same time is recorded for both entries

So I wonder is there a way for DXKeeper to see these County Line entries as two distinct contacts

+ DXKeeper does not provide the ability to specify more than one US County in a logged QSO.

+ You could add 1 second to the "QSO begin" time of each "second QSO" of a pair. LoTW and eQSL would only confirm one of each pair, so you'd have to manually mark the "second QSO" of a pair as confirmed when the pair's first QSO is confirmed via LoTW or eQSL.

+ DXKeeper's Duplicate Checker works by setting the Select item of each duplicate QSO to 'Y', enabling you to either delete or modify the duplicate QSOs in a second step. If you haven't subsequently taken an action that would clear or set the Select items of your logged QSOs, then clicking the Sel button in the Filter panel on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab will filter the Log Page Display to contain those 123 duplicate QSOs, enabling you to change the QSO times of these duplicate QSOs "en masse" to make them no longer duplicates:

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, backup button)

2. click the Adv button on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab to display the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window

3. in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's Modify QSOs panel,

3a. set the "Item name" selector to

QSO_BEGIN

3b. set the "Item new value" to

+1s

3c. click the Mod button

3d. set the "Item name" selector to

QSO_END

3e. set the "Item new value" to

+1s

3f. click the Mod button

+ This will add 1 second to the QSO_BEGIN and QSO_END time of each of your 123 duplicate QSOs.

+ The purpose of adding 1 second to the QSO_END time is to ensure that no QSO ends up with a QSO_END time that is before its QSO_BEGIN time.

Frank G4HBI

Thank you Dave it worked a treat

Merry Christmas

Frank G4HBI