Topics

Duplicate Imports?

Al Bailey (K8SIX)

My previous program for some reason no longer handles User Defined data on export. In fact going back through my backups it lost them about 6 months ago and they are aware of the issue. That being said I went back in my backup XML files and was able to decipher when they got dropped. So I sorted that data in my last good backup XML file and extracted the User Defined data I need. For what it’s worth it is the Antarctic Bases, the Six on Six Award, and a couple others.

So here is my question. I have ALL my data in the current DXLab logbook and my award data is correct and all is looking hunky dorey. Except the QSO’s with User Defined data are there but NOT with the User Defined data. Since I have all that in separate ADIF files can I Import those records and have them overwrite the current records in my DXLab file? If so how is that done?

Appreciate any help as I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. 😊

73 de Al, K8SIX

My previous program for some reason no longer handles User Defined data on export. In fact going back through my backups it lost them about 6 months ago and they are aware of the issue. That being said I went back in my backup XML files and was able to decipher when they got dropped. So I sorted that data in my last good backup XML file and extracted the User Defined data I need. For what it’s worth it is the Antarctic Bases, the Six on Six Award, and a couple others.

So here is my question. I have ALL my data in the current DXLab logbook and my award data is correct and all is looking hunky dorey. Except the QSO’s with User Defined data are there but NOT with the User Defined data. Since I have all that in separate ADIF files can I Import those records and have them overwrite the current records in my DXLab file?

+ The only way to do that is to

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. delete the logged QSOs you intend to replace (with QSOs containing user-defined data imported from ADIF files)

3. import the ADIF files containing user-defined data

k1ggi

Swap the roles?

Start with a log containing just the set of preferred records, then import your whole log with dupe checking.

What’s the flaw in this?

73,

Ed, k1ggi

[...]

+ Importing QSOs into a large log with duplicate checking enabled can take a long time. Each imported QSO must be checked against every QSO already present in the log. Whenever it's possible to avoid importing with duplicate checking enabled, I advise doing so; that's the case here.