Topics

Downloading QSL Images

Abie Alexander

Hi,

For some inexplicable reason, the download queue stops at the same 13 QSL images each time, though I use the CTRL+Download_Images option to download all. If I do not press CTRL it says “nothing new to download”. When CTRL is pressed, it initially estimates a download time of 8 hours indicating the large number of QSL images waiting to be downloaded.

It is not a password issue because the downloading does take place – although it stops after the same 13 images each time, though there are 1,500+ QSLs to be downloaded.

Is there any way I could run a filter and have the downloads in smaller lots? I tried the filter option, but it did not work.

Other than this, DXKeeper works marvelously well. Truly a delight.

Thank you for any help!

73,

Abie – AB1F.

For some inexplicable reason, the download queue stops at the same 13 QSL images each time, though I use the CTRL+Download_Images
option to download all. If I do not press CTRL it says "nothing new to download". When CTRL is pressed, it initially estimates a
download time of 8 hours indicating the large number of QSL images waiting to be downloaded.

It is not a password issue because the downloading does take place - although it stops after the same 13 images each time, though
there are 1,500+ QSLs to be downloaded.

Is there any way I could run a filter and have the downloads in smaller lots? I tried the filter option, but it did not work.

+ The documentation says

"Clicking the Download Images button will enable Retain eQSL images, and download QSL images for all QSOs in the Log Page Display
that have been confirmed via eQSL.cc and for which no QSL image is present in DXKeeper's eQSL Images folder. Depressing the CTRL
key while clicking Download Images will download QSL images for all QSOs in the Log Page Display that have been confirmed via
eQSL.cc whether or not a QSL image is already present in DXKeeper's eQSL Images folder. At the request of eQSL.cc management,
images will be downloaded at the rate of 4 per minute; if there are more than 5 QSOs in the Log Page Display, DXKeeper will display
the estimated time required and ask you to confirm before proceeding to download images."

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#Download%20Images>

+ Depressing the CTRL key while clicking the "Download Images" means "download an image even if one has already been downloaded".

+ So if you want to limit image downloading to a specific set of QSOs, first filter the Log Page Display to contain only that
specific set of QSOs.