Topics

Does SC factor in its current Origin Filter in coloring WSJT callsigns?

Jim Miller, AB3CV

In the logic for coloring WSJT calls that would otherwise be colored RED as a needed entity, does SC factor in the state of its ORIGIN filter?

For example if I have the Origin filter set to NA-E only and a W7 spots BV (which I need on 40m) with a signal report which should color the BV call RED does it fail to do so if I have Origin set to NA-E only?

I know it shouldn't show in my filtered SC window but will it still show as RED in my WSJT window?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv

In the logic for coloring WSJT calls that would otherwise be colored RED as a needed entity, does SC factor in the state of its ORIGIN filter?

+ No, nor should it.

For example if I have the Origin filter set to NA-E only and a W7 spots BV (which I need on 40m) with a signal report which should color the BV call RED does it fail to do so if I have Origin set to NA-E only?

I know it shouldn't show in my filtered SC window but will it still show as RED in my WSJT window?

+ Yes.

+ As described and depicted in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots>

+ SpotCollector provides multiple independently-filtered views of the information in its Spot Database. The "Spot Database Display" on SpotCollector's Main window is one such view; its filtering is controlled by the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window, and includes the Continent filter you reference above.

+ Commander's Bandspread window provides an independent view of information in SpotCollector's Spot Database, controlled by the "Spot Filter" panel on the Bandspread tab of Commander's Configuration window.

+ The "Band Activity" panel in WSJT-X can be considered an independent view of information in SpotCollector's Spot Database, but limited to callsigns that it decodes. As in the Spot Database Display and Commander's Bandspread window, callsigns are color-coded for need (font color) and participation in eQSL AG and LoTW (background color); however, no filtering is provided for this view.

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Thanks!

jim ab3cv