Topics

DM780-DXL

Jim KE4WY

Anyone have a good download link to
DM780-DXL (The bridge between DM780 and DX Keeper)The one’s I have found won’t download the file.

Tnxs de KE4WY Jim

Anyone have a good download link to
DM780-DXL (The bridge between DM780 and DX Keeper)The one’s I have found won’t download the file.

+ HRD was originally developed and distributed and freeware by Simon HB9DRV. We worked together to establish bridges between HRD and DXLab so that HRD could be used with DXLab for transceiver control and DM780 could be used for digital mode operations.

+ Simon later sold the code base to an ownership group that began charging money for HRD. One of their first moves was to burn the HRD ends of those bridges.

Dave / NR1DX

That that most of us need another reason NOT to use HRD ...8^)

Dave
NR1DX

On 1/13/2021 6:17 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Anyone have a good download link to
DM780-DXL (The bridge between DM780 and DX Keeper)The one’s I have found won’t download the file.

+ HRD was originally developed and distributed and freeware by Simon HB9DRV. We worked together to establish bridges between HRD and DXLab so that HRD could be used with DXLab for transceiver control and DM780 could be used for digital mode operations.

+ Simon later sold the code base to an ownership group that began charging money for HRD. One of their first moves was to burn the HRD ends of those bridges.

Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com

Jim KE4WY

Dave, thanks. That's a shame. I found it so easy to setup CW and FT8 in DM780 with one of my rigs, no extra boxes.

73 de KE4WY Jim

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:17 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Anyone have a good download link to
DM780-DXL (The bridge between DM780 and DX Keeper)The one’s I have found won’t download the file.

+ HRD was originally developed and distributed and freeware by Simon HB9DRV. We worked together to establish bridges between HRD  and DXLab so that HRD could be used with DXLab for transceiver control and DM780 could be used for digital mode operations.

+ Simon later sold the code base to an ownership group that began charging money for HRD. One of their first moves was to burn the HRD ends of those bridges.

w6de

Different products have different features, different classes of support and different prices.

We don’t get to mix and match.  We only get to choose one or the other.

73,

Dave, w6de

On 2021-01-13 6:35 PM, Jim KE4WY wrote:
Dave, thanks. That's a shame. I found it so easy to setup CW and FT8 in DM780 with one of my rigs, no extra boxes.

Look into Fldigi and the DXLab - Fldigi bridge. The Fldigi modems are
better than DM780 (have been improved many times since DM780 was spun
off) and provide many of the same features/functions.

Different products have different features, different classes of support and different prices.

We don’t get to mix and match.  We only get to choose one or the other.

+ The objective was -- and still is -- to enable users to mix-and-match. DXLab interoperates with several digital mode applications besides WinWarbler:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Bridges,%20Gateways,%20%20and%20Extenders

Dave, thanks. That's a shame. I found it so easy to setup CW and FT8 in DM780 with one of my rigs, no extra boxes.

Look into Fldigi and the DXLab - Fldigi bridge. The Fldigi modems are
better than DM780 (have been improved many times since DM780 was spun
off) and provide many of the same features/functions.

+ Good point, Joe. Much of the modulation and demodulation code in DM780 came from fldigi, the latter being "open source". This was done with fldigi developer Dave W1HKJ's blessing.

+ Note that the PSK modulation and demodulation code in WinWarbler (PSKCORE) came from Moe AE4JY; the RTTY modulation and demodulation code in WinWarbler (MMTTY) came from Mori-san JE3HHT. Both are open source; the improvements I made to each have been incorporated in their code bases.

Salvatore Besso

Jim,

I have tried to download version 1.08 and it works. I don't know if it will work with actual version of HRD, but try again.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)